SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Only in FL, Police capture Kangaroo roaming the streets.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only in FL, Police capture Kangaroo roaming the streets. Login/Join 
posted
Turns out someone had a 2 year old Kangaroo as a pet in Fort Lauderdale and he got loose and was roaming around the streets. Kangaroo's aren't allowed in Fort Lauderdale as pets, so they are taking it away from the owner and to a wildlife center.

Here's the story with video:
"FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Police apprehended a kangaroo that was on the loose Thursday morning in Fort Lauderdale.

Residents living near North Andrews Avenue and 13th Street reported seeing a runaway kangaroo hopping through their neighborhood.

Fort Lauderdale police officers arrived and, with the help of wildlife officers, were able to leash the kangaroo and guide the animal into the back of a police cruiser.

It was not immediately known how the kangaroo made its way to Fort Lauderdale, but the marsupial avoided a trip to the slammer. Instead, the Australian tourist was taken to the South Florida Wildlife Center."

https://www.wptv.com/news/stat...d-in-fort-lauderdale

Here's one of the video's of him running down the street between the cars

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...iew=detail&FORM=VIRE

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I bet the owner was hopping mad to lose his pet but I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Florida. That's all I needed to know... Big Grin

Posts: 13118 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Did they tie me kangaroo down mate?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If that was my pet it would roooo the day it ran away from me!!!

Sorry I couldn’t resist, low hanging fruit and all. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
SOOO many bad puns here!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I bet the owner was hopping mad to lose his pet but I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Damn.

That critter brought all kinds of joey to his owner.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roo Burgers...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I can now die a happy man

I’ve seen it all

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Florida huh.

Hmmmm Probably decided to go out and try to find some pickles for Mr VTail.

Or not.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10952 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the 3 police officers trying to catch and put this kangaroo into a squad car......

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...dale%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Sylvester vs. the "giant mouse" (baby kangaroo) - Dailymotion

quote:
Look at the 3 police officers trying to catch and put this kangaroo into a squad car.....

I don't have to watch it to know that's dangerous. A kangaroo can both kick and claw the shit out of a man.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post