SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My mom's birthday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My mom's birthday Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
My mom's 97th birthday would've been today, she was taken from us two and half years ago, however. If you still have your mother in your life give her a hug and tell her that you love her, the day will come when you can't.

Posts: 12184 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Nice post. Thanks.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Amen. Still have mom and dad. Both have problems but mom gets around pretty well. Dad has been slipping in mental capacity for quite a while and his hip is shot. It's tough to see. He's sort of embraced and "played" to some extent or another the "being old" role so long, that now that he is, it's hard to shift from ignoring his PORTRAYAL of the role, to accommodating and caring for him as he struggles with the real deal.

I'll see them this weekend, and I'll remember your post. Thank you.

Posts: 11393 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
A very relevant post, every day of the year.

Posts: 793 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I wholeheartedly agree. My parents and sister are all gone and I miss them.

Apparently I was born on your mom's 16th birthday--I'm 81 today.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Thank you Club. My dad passed in 2002. We just celebrated my mothers 81st birthday in November. She does not suffers fools gladly. She still drives to church,walmart,grocery store,etc. My sister, Mrs Cliff & I watch over her constantly,but from a distance. "Don't be crowding me", is what she says. I am blessed to finally be home after all these years away and look after her.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
another Moment of Zen, thank you club.

My own Mom now departed nearly 30 years.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
So true. Lost my mom just short of her 71st.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks club, mine has been gone for 27 years, passed when she was 68.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
The cycle of life is there for all yet still we are not prepared to cope with it. Me especially. I've lost both my parents in the last 18 months and this was my first holiday season without both of them. I did ok, but there were a few times I was caught off guard by a sudden memory or recollection.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My Mama would be 100 1/2/2019

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mom passed in 2012. Dad turned 100 seven weeks ago today. In fact, I'm just getting ready to leave and go over to his place to say Hi and write a reminder down for him.

Still miss Mom. One of her best friends, and who was my god-mother, passed away this last October. There is still one other friend who lives down in the Monterey area that Dad and I need to go visit soon.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post