SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Humidifier filters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humidifier filters Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
We are very dry here, typically in the teens when it comes to humidity. Not good for our skin or my acoustic guitars.

We run these humidifiers here:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/AI...t-836000HB/312735644

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...le_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The large one is run in the living room and loft while the small one is run in the bedrooms.

Our water here is very hard.

Looking to see if anyone here has used an cleanable filters as the cost on these things add up pretty quick.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have the same humidifier from Home Depot. I had moderately hard water and used 2 wicks per year. I do use the bottle of "conditioner" when filling (a cupful each refill) that seemed to help.

We tried an off-brand wicks but they didn't hold up as the OE ones did.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This is a little off topic but we run a humidifier in the bedroom during the winter. For some reason our tap water, which we filter with an under-sink unit, clogs the filters in three days. It makes the wicks hard and they stop absorbing water. We switched to distilled water from the grocer, not baby water with minerals, and the filter lasts about a month.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
This is a little off topic but we run a humidifier in the bedroom during the winter. For some reason our tap water, which we filter with an under-sink unit, clogs the filters in three days. It makes the wicks hard and they stop absorbing water. We switched to distilled water from the grocer, not baby water with minerals, and the filter lasts about a month.

Mark,

Not really off topic. Big Grin

That is ridiculous that it clogs it in 3 days. How many gallons of water do you run through a day?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Mark,

Not really off topic. Big Grin

That is ridiculous that it clogs it in 3 days. How many gallons of water do you run through a day?
It's dry enough till run a full gallon through it in one day. I can flip the filter to get another 3 days but it just sucked. It turned out less expensive to get the distilled water jugs at the grocery store than to keep getting filters that were never in stock.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post