SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, they finally took my shield yesterday (Retirement)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, they finally took my shield yesterday (Retirement) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Congrats on your retirement.

Now you'll have to come up with something to do so you don't get bored. Wink

I never had to worry about that. All I heard was "Since you're not doing anything you should...........this.............that..................the other things". Wife, kids, grandkids, neighbors, civic groups, fraternal organizations, they all assume that they should be able to dictate your schedule after your retirement. Jealous? Maybe. Trying to be helpful? Maybe. Annoying? Certainly.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the check of the month club. Work screws up all your free time. It's awesome that you can still train others. I taught accident investigation for 20+ years and I really enjoyed hanging with the students. Once you're retired you really don't have an outlet for your cop sense of humor.

I found out you can pretty much clear a room by telling civilians your favorite funny suicide story...

Don't ask.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post