SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket - New CEO and new pricing plan and some hypocrisy on my part.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket - New CEO and new pricing plan and some hypocrisy on my part. Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
I was caught up in the whole photobucket bullcrap of 2017. original thread

However, they have a new CEO (I know it is from May but I am just now looking into it.) I did notice a bunch of old pictures are showing back up but with a "proudly hosted by . . " brand. Not for me though, I dumped them, deleted all my old pictures and moved on.

My avatar has stopped working and I was looking for a new way to host pictures and I saw the 'new' Photobucket models.

At the time I was so freaking angry I wrote them a letter. I stated that I understand the need to make money but 0$-$400 was too far. that it should have been $40-60. What is there new entry level plan? approx. $48 But they have already raised it from where they started in May, and I got burned so I dont plan on going back. I do feel a little bad that they are trying but I am not buying.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
I have alot of pictures left over on Photobucket.
I too never even considered their extortion to get to post my pictures.

I guess this new price is to get us to take a second look. No dice.

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
About 3 years ago I was fed up with photobucket's performance so I tried their 99cent a month adfree upgrade. It helped the speed.

I've ignored all other upgrade requests and my service works as well as it ever has. My ccard gets dinged for 99cents autopay every month and it's worth that but not much more.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why, but I’m still able to post pics and have never paid them a dime.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I closed my account after deleting all the pictures on their site. I did not want them even using my pictures to brag about how many photos and memory they were hosting even if I could not access them.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I too have never lost my posting abilities but I also keep the number of photos under the 2.5g free account limit.

But just in case I have opened & use Postimage so I don’t get caught short.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to one day read about the dumpster fire that was once photobucket.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I pay for Imageshak and consider it worth it for the performance and features.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Photobucket can go fly a kite. I closed my account after the recent fiasco.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I have no idea why, but I’m still able to post pics and have never paid them a dime.

That’s a beautiful rifle

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
All of my original pics stopped and they wanted $400 to do 3rd party hosting. So I burned the account down. The photobucket policy also nuked the cat picture thread, but now it looks like a bunch of them are back.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Same here.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:

I bought a utility program on google store for like $1.50 which simplified downloading all my photobucket pictures. It was specific for photobucket.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

That’s a beautiful rifle

Thanks- I was able to rescue the entire kit from an old Colt being taken out of service. The only non-original part on it is the PSA lower.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
About 3 years ago I was fed up with photobucket's performance so I tried their 99cent a month adfree upgrade. It helped the speed.

I've ignored all other upgrade requests and my service works as well as it ever has. My ccard gets dinged for 99cents autopay every month and it's worth that but not much more.
If they would have forced that on everyone they would have kept the vast majority of their clientele and still made a fortune because people would have stayed for the convenience.

Why would anyone pay anything beyond that just blows me away when it’s very easy to get it done for free.

One of the worst business decisions in modern history to go from 0-$400.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do the same with ImageEvent.

I always found it a bit ironic, people who like to bitch about other people wanting free stuff... bitching about losing and looking for other sources of free stuff. Wink

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

I do the same with ImageEvent.

I always found it a bit ironic, people who like to bitch about other people wanting free stuff... bitching about losing and looking for other sources of free stuff. Wink

That oversimplifies it. It went from free to $400. As I said in my original post if it had been reasonable I would have just paid it. I loved the phone app and it made posting pics of the forum a breeze. But that 'breeze' wasnt a $400 breeze. So I moved on.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:

Yup deleted and dumped them. IMGBB is great but I only post temp photos when selling stuff.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
Why pay for something i can get for free elsewhere.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
Why pay for something I can get for free elsewhere?

IF all things are EQUAL then you probably shouldn't.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post