SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    what to do with my guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what to do with my guns? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I have thought about this before. Here is what I would do if I had no shooting relatives:

Go to my gun club president (or nearby one affiliated with the NRA if you don't belong to one) and let them know you want to sell your collection for very reasonable prices (too good to pass up).

Set up a range day / announced sale date. I will sell them all in one day at highly reduced prices. Like an AR for $200. A Sig pistol for $250. A Glock for $200.

A couple reasons why: they would ALL get sold in one day. They would all go to folks who will appreciate the guns. They are all going to known shooters / non-felons. My family would not be presented with the hassle of clearing them out.

That's what I would do. Not trying to get top dollar. Trying to make them all go away in one pass and knowing they are going to folks who could appreciate them. Win - Win.

This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Slightly off topic...guys, please look into getting a Gun Trust if you haven't already; member: heavyd can help you set one up. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3130035063

There are quite a few benefits having a gun trust.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post