SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is the Nissan Armada any good? Considering buying one…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Nissan Armada any good? Considering buying one… Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

100% need 3 rows. I have 4 kids and a dog who thinks he is my shadow. The bigger the better. I like the tundra but it just isn’t big enough.

With that intel, Suburban or Expedition XL, the most room out there, 4x4 if you want it for towing the boat up a wet ramp, room behind the 3rd row, room in the 3rd row for a full size adult.

There are plenty of trims out there, from base to super premium and you'll have the room for everyone, plus some for gear inside, with the Armada you'll be stacking stuff up top.

My Suburban was one of the best vehicles I had, once we downsized it wasn't necessary and I've moved to a small GMC SUV.

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Posted by Black92LX
quote:
Do you need 3 rows? If not get a Tundra if you can’t find a Sequoia.
The 3rd row in the Armada is not existent. We drove a couple including the Infiniti equivalent and I did not like them at all.

100% need 3 rows. I have 4 kids and a dog who thinks he is my shadow. The bigger the better. I like the tundra but it just isn’t big enough.

I LOVE the new retro style Land Cruiser but sadly the US market isn’t getting a 3rd row while other markets are. Confused

Then you absolutely do not want an Armada. It is the smallest 3rd row. It’s nearly unusable.

Sadly you are really going to want to look at the Expedition EL. I highly advise against the Suburban.
If you actually use the 3rd row there is just zero cargo space in the Sequoia same with the Armada and like I said earlier the Armadas 3rd row is pretty much pointless.

I traded my Expedition EL for the Tundra only have 3 kids and traded the wife’s Highlander for her Suburban. Won’t buy another one of those.
Hoping to get rid of it for a Grand Highlander sometime in the near future.
The Expedition was way better in every way over the Suburban.

I wish Toyota would make a long wheel base Sequoia.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25446 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We've been happy with our Expedition Max, had for right at a year.
Great on road trips, plenty roomy for the 5 of us, decent economy for a rolling brick of a bus & a lot better MPG than the 6.2l 2012 Denali XL I'm driving right now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
No. We have one and mechanically it is great. The electronics suck. We've already had one computer go out that cost us 1k. The steering wheel controls are now out, which is another $700.

Posts: 12474 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Sadly you are really going to want to look at the Expedition EL. I highly advise against the Suburban.
If you actually use the 3rd row there is just zero cargo space in the Sequoia same with the Armada and like I said earlier the Armadas 3rd row is pretty much pointless.

I traded my Expedition EL for the Tundra only have 3 kids and traded the wife’s Highlander for her Suburban. Won’t buy another one of those.

My experience has been the exact opposite. The Tahoes and Suburbans that I’ve driven have been damn near bulletproof, while the Expedition and Expedition EL that I drove had far more problems. They weren’t “junk” by any means, but they had far more issues than the Tahoes and Suburban. The Tahoes and Suburban also rode better too, despite having a solid rear axle compared to the Ford’s independent rear suspension. If I’m totally honest, I’d have to say that the Tahoe/ Suburban family from GM, and the Expedition/ Expedition EL from Ford are the best standard production vehicles overall that each of those manufacturers produce. I know I would take either over just about anything else out there.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

My experience has been the exact opposite. The Tahoes and Suburbans that I’ve driven have been damn near bulletproof, while the Expedition and Expedition EL that I drove had far more problems. They weren’t “junk” by any means, but they had far more issues than the Tahoes and Suburban. The Tahoes and Suburban also rode better too, despite having a solid rear axle compared to the Ford’s independent rear suspension. If I’m totally honest, I’d have to say that the Tahoe/ Suburban family from GM, and the Expedition/ Expedition EL from Ford are the best standard production vehicles overall that each of those manufacturers produce. I know I would take either over just about anything else out there.

I don’t know about the civilian model Tahoes but, our department’s PPV and SSV Tahoes have been some of the best cruisers we have had.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

I don’t know about the civilian model Tahoes but, our department’s PPV and SSV Tahoes have been some of the best cruisers we have had.

My agency didn’t spring for the police package Tahoes, just put lights, sirens and radios in standard Tahoes, and I’d still say it was one of the best vehicles I’ve ever driven. My Tahoe had almost 220,000 miles on it when I left, and I had put on about 130,000 of those miles. That truck was loaded with bomb tech gear, and was driven hard. Probably close to 30,000 of those miles were at 100 mph, lights and siren, loaded with heavy equipment. The only expensive repair, honestly about the only non wear item, that I recall needing repaired was that at about 190,000 miles the rear axle needed to be rebuilt. Original engine, that didn’t use oil. Original transmission, and even original front struts. It was an amazingly reliable vehicle that I literally drove across the country multiple times, and never worried about making it to my destination. Whenever anyone asks me my opinion for a reliable 4x4 SUV, the Chevy Tahoe is always my first suggestion. I will put that Tahoe up against ANY vehicle I’ve ever driven, or any of my friends have driven, when it comes to reliability. It was every bit, EVERY bit as reliable as any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. vehicle that I’ve ever been around. They’re simply great vehicles.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I have a 2018 Titan XD and pull a 25ft airstream. It's a great truck. It blows away our old F-150.

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Isn't the XD more akin to the F250 than the F150?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Good point. It's rated towing is 11 or 12,000 pounds.

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
My 2017 has been great with the exception of the Nissan navigation system which is absolutely useless. I think it has been changed on the newest models.
Yes it burns gas! Around 13-14 in town, I didn't buy this size engine to idle around. I use it! Tows great.
I bought it off lease from the Titans football team. Hammered copper with tan interior.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an Armada as a rental a few years back. I found it floated all over the lane. I wasn't a big fan of the suspension and steering.

P229

Posts: 3845 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post