SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes Karma takes 20 years Jimmy boy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes Karma takes 20 years Jimmy boy Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
https://decider.com/2020/05/26...lo3QyDWfmDOseZ17CIB7

Oh well Jimmy, guess the left will eat another of it’s own. Old adage live in a glass house.....

Bye bye tonight show huh Jimmy?

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
It won’t happen, he’ll get a pass. Jamie Fox has already come to his rescue.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The shit you could do in the name of comedy in 2000 just don't fly in 2020. Not a Fallon fan myself but he is not a fucking racist.

I stopped watching all late night TV about 2016. They're all dickheads.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
waiting to hear what the Roots have to say

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So what would they call Eddie Murphy in Coming to America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv8fUNSKieQ

Posts: 9527 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the inevitable double standard

"WHITE CHICKS, a gender-bending, gut-busting comedy starring funnymen Shawn Wayans and Marlon Wayans. What happens when two fumbling FBI agents disguise themselves as mega-rich princesses"

"mega-rich princesses" that would be white girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSrc-FvRhk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tn226,

Posts: 775 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Yea, when somebody does it on stage, i call "snowflake" on those calling out the actor.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I don't click on links. What is this thread even about?

Shouldn't a thread stand on its own without having to go to some unknown web site?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
None are pure enough to escape the crushing scrutiny of PC sanctimony

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I don't click on links. What is this thread even about?

Shouldn't a thread stand on its own without having to go to some unknown web site?

From the original link:
quote:
Jimmy Fallon is trending for all the wrong reasons. Early Tuesday, Twitter held a “Jimmy Fallon is over party” after a clip of him wearing blackface in a 2000 Saturday Night Live sketch surfaced online. Twitter users were quick to slam the sketch, which features Fallon in full blackface as he impersonates Chris Rock, as “racist,” and many called for The Tonight Show host to be “canceled” outright. As one frustrated critic put it, “Jimmy Fallon? The only thing he should host is a parasite.” Ouch.

Fallon’s controversial sketch first aired in 2000, right in the middle of his six-year tenure on Saturday Night Live. The bit stars Fallon, in full blackface, impersonating Chris Rock on Regis Philbin’s (played by Darrell Hammond) late night show. Fallon-as-Rock laments that there are “not a lot of black folks” on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, likely because “black folks don’t want to answer questions.”

“Regis, do you think the only way to get a brother on the show is to name it, Who Wants $50 Cash and a Pair of Pumas?” asks Fallon.

While NBC has scrubbed the full sketch from the internet, intrepid Fallon critics were able to find a portion of the bit, and a 2019 YouTube video with the caption, “NBC fired Megyn Kelly for mentioning blackface. Jimmy Fallon performed on NBC in blackface” was uploaded to Twitter (Kelly was fired after she defended blackface on-air). Almost immediately, users began calling for Fallon to be canceled and fired from NBC.

Posts: 3520 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't click on links.

Obvious PC BS. Shouldn't Chris Rock be the victim here? What does he have to say?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Wait till they find out about Shirley Temple.

https://www.mommyish.com/wp-co...hirleytblackface.jpg

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Spiff_P239: Thanks. Now I know what's going on Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Wait till they find out about Shirley Temple.

https://www.mommyish.com/wp-co...hirleytblackface.jpg

She'll never work in this town again!

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Don't watch the guy but it was 20 years ago. Give it a rest. Are people that bored that they have to hunt out outrage. Ted Danson did it when he was involved with Whoopi Goldberg. He survived.

People seem to think they have a lot more influence than they have.

So true..

Here's a list they can start one...outrage at the world !!!! Even Howard Stern did. He can be outraged at himself.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/...=1&wmode=transparent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...rformed_in_blackface

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Jimmy is a douche. I refuse to watch anything he's involved with.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Why is blackface now a big deal? People have been doing it for years. And wasn’t there a movie called White chicks with 2 black guys painted white? Who cares????

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7948 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You know the answer to your question.

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What about Kimmel when he did the Man Show? He did Charles Barkley in blackface and a ton of sexist stuff....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
What about Kimmel when he did the Man Show? He did Charles Barkley in blackface and a ton of sexist stuff....

I'm pretty sure he did it since on his current show. Here he is doing Karl Malone.
This is so freakin stupid. Comedians rousted for crap they did decades ago.

Who's next I wonder, Robert Downey Jr.?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eY8GGBYvNDw

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post