SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here is One Houston Parent Who Took the Teacher's Side and Did Something About His Child's Bad Behavior
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here is One Houston Parent Who Took the Teacher's Side and Did Something About His Child's Bad Behavior Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I have a bunch of teacher friends and most of the time when there is a discipline problem the parents refuse to believe their little demon would behave like that. Well, here is one Houston Dad who sided with the teacher:
quote:
Dad sits in high school class with son after 'bad behavior'

By Brittany Taylor - Digital News Editor
Posted: 2:48 PM, May 09, 2017
Updated: 8:11 PM, May 09, 2017

HOUSTON - A father had a chance to embarrass his son once he learned about his consistent "bad behavior" in physics class.

Bradley Howard, 17, had been getting into trouble at school for talking too much during his physics class and his parents, Brad and Denise Howard had enough with the complaints -- so they decided to solve the problem with the best revenge.

"If you do this again, if we get another note from your teacher, I'm going to come up there and sit with you in class," Brad said to his son recently.

According to NBC 5 News, on Friday, Bradley walked into his physics class, greeting everyone on his way in the door. Then he heard, 'hello, Bradley' come from the classroom. It was his dad.

"His classmates seemed to love it, but Bradley ... not so much," Brad said.

The teen’s sister, Molli Howard, on Friday posted on a picture of her father, and her brother, Brad Howard, sitting in class.

“My dad told my brother if he got another call from the physics teacher complaining he would go sit in his class … dad got another call,” Molli said.

People on Twitter congratulated the father for good parenting.

NBC 5 News reports that Bradley is the youngest of four children and the only boy.

Hopefully, Brad has learned his lesson -- or he should probably expect his father to show up in class again.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting an epic ass kicking story...

Otherwise good job on dad's part.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 877 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Dumb ass kid. Here he is in physics where he can actually learn something and prepare himself for college yet he wants to act like a damn fool instead of learning.

What's wrong with kids these days?

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting an epic ass kicking story...

Otherwise good job on dad's part.
His public shaming is making the rounds on social media which is even worse for a teen than an epic asswhooping. Also, an epic ass whooping' only takes a minute or two, but this Dad took time off work to sit in physics class.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is probably much more effective than ass kicking. I am impressed with the idea and follow through.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

Skip to 1:12.... lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I almost did this to my son when he was in high school.

I did not threaten to go to school with him. At dinner my wife brought up the issues he was having (again) and I said I would call the school the next day and make arrangements to shadow him in all his classes. Then she and I started trying to figure out how much time I could get off from work. I was in the Navy on shore duty so we started with the 60 days I had on the books and tried figuring out how many of the 30 days for that year I still had to burn.

I think he sat there and soiled himself. All the hard work over the years of teaching him that when I say something I mean what I say paid off in that instance. He knew without a doubt that I was going to do it and life as he knew it was now over.

He asked for a chance to correct the issue and after much discussion I agreed to wait a week. the issues were corrected.

I reallllly did not want to go to his classes with him but I absolutely was going to do it. It's what you do when you're a parent.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 17 year old, in physics class, with 'notes being sent home from teachers' about talking?

This situation is bullshit, but the adults are worse (using the term adults loosely). This father getting congratulated for 'good parenting' is ludicrous, he's 10 years too late in discipline. teacher failed for not controlling the student, school failed for not backing the teacher up with some actual discipline (a note home, oh NO! what are we going to do?). parents failed by actually having to go through with the threat, rather than getting the kid to back down FROM the threat.

Posts: 3325 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Apparently, a "quantum leap" in parenting.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Excellent!
When my kid was getting "bus tickets" for causing problems on the school bus, my wife told her that if it happened again,she was going to get on the bus with her in her pink robe and fuzzy slippers.
Solved the problem. And she WOULD have done it!

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Story.

It is funny this story should come up now.

I know a guy, who I consider a friend, who just got fired as a teacher. A high school boy, got into his face. He calmly placed his hands on the boys shoulders and moved him off to the side, so he could pass by him.

The boys parents are getting to sue the ex teacher and to try to get his license taken from him.
Very sad what is happening in our schools today.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Dumb ass kid. Here he is in physics where he can actually learn something and prepare himself for college yet he wants to act like a damn fool instead of learning.

What's wrong with kids these days?

LOL. Like kids getting in trouble for fidgeting, interrupting, talking and otherwise not paying attention in class is something new.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Apparently, a "quantum leap" in parenting.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post