SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas police buy new AC for WWII vet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas police buy new AC for WWII vet Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Another attaboy for the Police Cool

FORT WORTH, Texas – The Fort Worth police officers were just a few hours into their shift when they responded to what is considered the lowest priority 911 call.

But when the officers got to the elderly man's house and saw it was 85 degrees inside with a broken AC unit, they knew they had to help.

following his call for help

FORT WORTH, Texas – The Fort Worth police officers were just a few hours into their shift when they responded to what is considered the lowest priority 911 call.

But when the officers got to the elderly man's house and saw it was 85 degrees inside with a broken AC unit, they knew they had to help.

At 95 years old, Julius Hatley may be a little difficult to understand, but his infectious laugh says all you need to know about the World War ll vet.

Hatley woke up Thursday morning drenched in sweat. His old window AC unit had stopped working. Unsure of what to do, he called 911.

Officer William Margolis and Christopher Weir responded to Hatley's Fort Worth home just after 8 a.m. The men took one look at the disabled unit and quickly came up with a solution.

“I talked to my partner and I talked to the gentleman and said, ‘Look, we’re going to help you out. I'll be back in just a little bit. I promise you.’” Margolis said.

The officers went to Home Depot to buy Hatley a new AC unit. Officer Weir snapped a photo of his partner at the checkout counter. Weir shared the picture on social media. The kind gesture quickly spread online.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...s-call-for-help.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
A wonderful story. Bravo.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
God bless all three of them.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That was a terrific story. And yes, may god bless all of those involved.

Oh, and an attaboy to the Home Depot store management for kicking in for the AC. Somebody at that store understands the value of positive PR work.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome story

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53787 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Above and beyond! There goes the men in Blue again. God bless them all.

Posts: 4445 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
What a great team!! I wish it had more attention from the MSM...

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I read also that a local HVAC company is going to replace his central AC at no cost. People are also looking into painting his trim, replacing his windows and figuring a way to keep him supplied with groceries.

Posts: 12233 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool(no pun intended) by all involved. He and his generation did big favors for all of us. Good that some did something for him in return.

Posts: 4130 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Very good to hear.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Bravo to the Fort Worth officers!

Posts: 3816 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers to them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post