SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best source for CR123a batteries?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best source for CR123a batteries? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

Where is the best source for CR123a batteries? How do the rechargeables hold up?
Brands?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have been buying packs of 50 of whatever brand battery junction or all-battery sells for $1 each for years for all our wmls at work. They work fine and last awhile.

Tried the lifepo4 rechargeable batteries for awhile but they didn't last long. Figured $1/battery was worth it.

With the rechargeables we would get maybe 40 mins on a charge. The primary batteries lasted longer.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I usually buy a 24 pack of surefire ones on Amazon for about $20-22. Haven't had any issues with them

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Amazon for me, also. I also have an LGS that keeps them in-stock for reasonable price - I often grab some there.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
That's a great deal!
Ordered.

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I know a guy named George that has a good deal, haven’t seen him post lately though...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I can buy them wholesale and they are still expensive. I just got an Olight charger with a flashlight I bought along with four of their batteries. I’m going to try and replace all my 123’s with rechargeable. This is a great little smart charger and their brand of batteries seem to be better than the Chinese generic ones I’ve bought off amazon.
https://www.olightstore.com/ba...s/miboxer-c4-charger

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I know a guy named George that has a good deal, haven’t seen him post lately though...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'm still a holdout, I guess. Every couple of years or so I buy two 12-packs from Surefire.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Battery Junction.

That's the last place I made na order, batteries still going strong.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
I'm still a holdout, I guess. Every couple of years or so I buy two 12-packs from Surefire.

Same. Actually, I tried to order some last week but they're on backorder. Frown

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Battery Junction.

That's where I buy mine, but, with a wireless camera that goes through them like water, and several flashlights that use them, I'm moving over to 16340s (rechargeable in CR123 form factor).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
you want to buy from whoever has the fastest turnover - not from someone who's has cases on the shelf that haven't moved in months.

battery junction is a mover. there are others.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Battery Junction.

That's where I buy mine, but, with a wireless camera that goes through them like water, and several flashlights that use them, I'm moving over to 16340s (rechargeable in CR123 form factor).

That sounds like a good plan. The only 123's I use anymore are in weapon lights or single-cell flashlights I keep for emergency use. Most of my frequently used lights use 18650's.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you just need a few, Walmart usually has Surefire on a good price. They are not by the batteries at our Walmart, but instead back in the hunting section.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
I usually buy a 24 pack of surefire ones on Amazon for about $20-22. Haven't had any issues with them

Yep, me too.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Battery Junction.

Just make sure whatever you are using them in can handle the extra voltage.

Posts: 371 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Battery Junction.
^^^This times 1k. They work great and you can't beat the price.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:

Yep, me too.

Jim

I found this on Amazon:

Surefire SF123A Box of 24 123A 3 Volt Lithium Batteries 24-Pack. $38.88 & FREE Shipping.

Not to chip away at (privately held) Surefire's business plan, but this is a better price than the manufacturer. Surefire.com shows no 24-count box. Is the Amazon purchase shipped out in a single Surefire red and black 24-count box, or are the batteries repackaged by a bulk purchaser?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post