SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    George W. Bush : As of this week, he's dead to me
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
George W. Bush : As of this week, he's dead to me Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
His tax cut was a disaster for America in that tens of millions of families and individuals no longer pay any federal income taxes. I am all for tax cut rates but everyone needs to have some skin in the game. 45 percent of working Americans pay zero federal income taxes.

I did vote twice for GWB and have no regrets considering the options at the time. Extremely disheartening to hear what he is doing now.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Given the choices of J F'n Kerry and Global Warming Gore, GWB was the choice - and that is what we got just slightly better than those two idiots. After saying nothing for the last 8 years and now suddenly having something to say and it's not about the destructive left - sorry GWB you have lost my respect.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I could post a spirited defense of GWB, but it is awfully difficult.

Even with those charitable accounts of what he says, or doesn't say directly with regard to our new president, there is one simple reason the media is interviewing him: to tear down Donald Trump.

Why let yourself be used like that, even if your don't particularly like President Trump?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
Wish I could post a spirited defense of GWB, but it is awfully difficult.

Even with those charitable accounts of what he says, or doesn't say directly with regard to our new president, there is one simple reason the media is interviewing him: to tear down Donald Trump.

Why let yourself be used like that, even if your don't particularly like President Trump?

Come on, man. He is part of the establishment. He's not being used. He's rolling around in bed with all of them, including the corrupt media. He wants to tear down Trump.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I voted for both Bushes,I am ashamed of this now.

This is me too. Frown
I was gonna say, what was the alternative?

But Dubya has been dead to me also, for a few months now.

And 'Hail to the Chief" finally means something to me again.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I am right there with you!!!!

I lost all respect when they would not support DJT before the election!

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I am done as well. Have been for a while. Patriot Act really burned my ass. Still respect Barbara and Laura though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:

Yeah don't be ashamed of the votes you made at the time. You think you should have voted for the other guys?
Right?

Come on people, lets not get carried away with dramatics.

You'd rather have Michael Dukakis, Al Gore, and John Kerry as President instead of the Bushes?

Slap yourself. Really, slap yourself.

But on thread about George W Bush - yes, I'm done with his marginal ass.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:

Yeah don't be ashamed of the votes you made at the time. You think you should have voted for the other guys?
Right?

Come on people, lets not get carried away with dramatics.

You'd rather have Michael Dukakis, Al Gore, and John Kerry as President instead of the Bushes?

Slap yourself. Really, slap yourself.

Probably less about the votes than how much they believed in the candidate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The Bushes are in the same oligarch class as the Clintons and the rest of them. Their policies align with mine more so, but it is in their best interest to keep the ruling class status quo and, for that, they are useless to me.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Para - I could not agree with ANY words more than I agree with those in your original post. Call it what it is; tell it like it is.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What makes it hard for many of us is that we liked him, we made excuses for him during his presidency, we wanted to keep liking him. And he turned out to be such an asshole, in plain English.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to believe that he was a good man , but this is too much . Like someone else stated , he held his tongue during the Obama debacle but is bashing Trump at every chance .Screw him .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my dog has more class than GWB

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is going to be a rough go for Trump. He's not a republican nor a democrat. The establishment G.O.P.aren't really with him. He's not a politician so isn't a member of the club. Sadly, most politicians started out with there county chairman's suggestion and backing__so go up the ladder owing. Needless to see the democrats don't like him. The establishment republicans? They had Jeb Bush coronated just as the dems had Hillary coronated.
Lets watch how the republican house ad senate actually support him. Luke warm at best.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Not to derail the thread, but I have been wondering when we should begin a letter/email campaign to our collective congressmen. Let them know beyond the shadow of a doubt that if they ever want to get re-elected again, ever, they need to get on board with making America great.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Not to derail the thread, but I have been wondering when we should begin a letter/email campaign to our collective congressmen. Let them know beyond the shadow of a doubt that if they ever want to get re-elected again, ever, they need to get on board with making America great.

Yes, everyone of us should do that.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
For the life of me I don't understand why GWB did not speak out one word against Obama?
Yet, he pals around with Clintons and now comes out running his mouth?

What the hell is going on?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I am of the opinion that your father is vastly underrated by history thus far. I think he was a fine President. Were it not for your father, you would have been remembered ever so vaguely as the President's kid, and the owner of a baseball team, and that's all.

GHWB, as a representative, voted for GCA '68. As President, he signed the '89 import ban. I'm not a fan.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I like his genuine attachment to the troops. That really seems to come from the heart. And a basic, inch-deep cordial relationship with the Obamas I could forgive as being due to membership in the very exclusive club of presidents.

But I don't understand any kind of real relationship between GWB and the Obamas. How do you have even an ounce of respect, warmth or friendship for people who spent the better part of ten years lying about you, encouraging their supporters to say or believe the most vile things about you, blaming everything on you, etc.

Shows a lack of self-respect if you ask me.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post