SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mike Huckabee booted from Country Music Assoc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Huckabee booted from Country Music Assoc. Login/Join 
Picture of wingfoot
posted
Huckabee forced to resign

Who would've thought the CMA would turn their backs on conservatives? I always thought we were their key demographic. I used to enjoy watching the CMA award show in years past, although not much the lately, I guess I won't even consider it anymore.
Conservatives are really under attack from all sides these days.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
He resigned. He wasn't "booted". Good for him. Bunch of assholes, anyway.

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I couldn't give less of a crap about the "country" music association or the lame pop music they promote.

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cma has been sucking on hollywoods teet.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True story: A few years ago, the family was moving from one base to another. As we rolled into Nashville, I called the wife to see if she wanted to stop (driving 2 cars) or keep moving. She asked me why she couldn't find a country music station in Nashville.

"Because Nashville wouldn't know country music if it bit them in the butt" was, apparently, not the answer she was looking for.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My mama said; "When they Outlaw Country Music, only Outlaws will play country music."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would be like baseball players taking a knee during the national anthem. I don't care for baseball and it would make zero difference to me but it certainly would have an impact to baseball fans. I know the nonsense going on with the NFL caused me to stop watching where it used to consume my Sundays. Booting Huckabee will have zero impact with me because I'm not a fan of country music. My guess is that many conservatives may choose other areas of entertainment. It sucks to be a fan where the players disrespect you.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Country music's trying to become more lamestream. That's why modern country music doesn't sound like country music any more.

I don't listen to the new crap billed as "country music." It bears about as much resemblance to country music as does the low-grade entertainment billed as "news" does to news.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If conservatives were more vocal a lot of this would go away. There are two roadblocks though. The MSM won't report it when we are vocal and there's an abundance of youngblood mush heads that are willing to rally and carry signs and they are for the most part liberals.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Country music today is not country,it’s flavored pop music, it has nothing to do with actual country music. Some of the current “Country Music” has rap in it, not something really traditional.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The CMA (and country music for the most part) has, over the years, become Hollywood on the Cumberland.

Mike Huckabee doesn't need the CMA; the CMA needed Mike Huckabee and foolishly, they alienated him.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20322 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Country music's trying to become more lamestream. That's why modern country music doesn't sound like country music any more.

I don't listen to the new crap billed as "country music." It bears about as much resemblance to country music as does the low-grade entertainment billed as "news" does to news.

This is pretty much it. I've mentioned it before on the topic that Johnny Cash and David Allen Coe would never be stars if they were trying to make it in 2018. Todays country music is bubble gum pop littered with social justice wannabes. My boss listens to a local country station sometimes when we are together, and frankly I'd just soon have him punch me in the nuts as to listen to it.

Some people say "well, so and so, he's real country", and even if that is the case, for every one of the "real country" types, you have 10 Tim McGraw's who are nothing but lefty scumbags.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I grew up in a small town with a radio station stuck on less than a dozen country artists. Today the sound is certainly more modern, with a splash of some darn good writing. There are some pretty good artists out there today, but they are being run over by the 'pop' sound for the masses.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I couldn't give less of a crap about the "country" music association or the lame pop music they promote.

Country music has not been genuine for many years.

Williams, Cash, Jennings, Cline, Lynn, Nelson etc. That was country music. Today, its an amalgam of rock and country chords, all run through computers and by record label marketing depts. Its crap.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Possum knew it was in bad shape. I hope George Strait lives a long time.

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/xi3GgoLtlWk [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Country music today is not country,it’s flavored pop music, it has nothing to do with actual country music. Some of the current “Country Music” has rap in it, not something really traditional.

Not a fan of the tractor rap either. very few good artists left these days.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Good for Huckabee. CMA is a watered-down version from decades ago. Garth Brooks opened the door for Nashville Pop, and Achy Breaky Heart sealed their fate. Modern country is as bad as most contemporary pop trash.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post