SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things with reverse threads..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things with reverse threads.. Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
On high speed centrifuges it was lefty tighty on the internal bowl parts and righty tighty on the external module parts. Muscle memory made it easy but it was a bitch working normal things off work.

I was going mention purifier retaining rings...kind of a specialized field.

Yes it is. Do you work in the field?

Retired marine engineer. Fuel oil and lube oil are purified and fuel sometimes clarified too.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38699 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

Left threads, right threads. And centrist threads. I have here in my hand a "screw" with threads neither left or right. The thread cuts are rings with no left or right pitch.
Non-binary.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30709 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Some H-D clutch hub nuts.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Watch screws have two dimples for left threads.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34131 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Threaded barrels:

Sig220 - righty tighty lefty loosey.

Sig226 - lefty tighty righty loosey.

I totally don’t understand why these are different. Drives me nuts.

Me, too. I rarely use a suppressor on my P226 and it usually takes me a few tries before I remember which direction to remove the thread protector.

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1216 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
pump impeller bolts, depending on the direction of rotation.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2016 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The muzzle on my AK47.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My WW2 Bantam Jeep ammo trailer is lefty tighty on
driver side, righty tighty on passenger side.

Plus it had original military issue non drop center 16" rims but came apart in middle making two rim halves using socket....or crescent wrench if that was all that was available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post