SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cameras with dual view finders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameras with dual view finders Login/Join 
posted
If a guy is looking for a camera , is there any need at all for two view finders?
A big one and a peep hole conventional type?

I understand that the big ones are fine for indoor stuff , but for out doors, ( the one I have currently )
the sun washes out the view so bad ,it gets
challenging to get the pic on the first Or second try.

If you get a camera with a peep hole is there any reason for a big screen view finder ?

Iam talking about point and shoot cameras under $250.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, there is.

I use the viewfinder for many outdoor shots, as you've suggested. But a screen, if it's the tilt-and-swivel kind like our P&S camera has, allows you to get shots you otherwise might not, such as being able to hold the camera well above your head, down low w/o having to actually get on the ground or floor, from right into a tight corner, or around a corner.

N.B.: The screen on the back of modern digicams is not, technically, referred-to as a "viewfinder."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
By "big view finder" I assume you're talking about the LED screen on the back of the camera.

My little Nikon L20 has that problem

My big Nikon P510 has the LED screen mounted on a hinge so you can angle it. I can usually position it such that I can see the image in any light.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15240 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My Sony HX90V camera has both, a pop-up viewfinder for outdoors and a swivel 3" LED in the rear for indoor shots. Both are useful for their intended uses. By the way, I love this camera and find myself using it than my DSLR.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post