SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hess truck collectors??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hess truck collectors?? Login/Join 
posted
Had been buying them for my son since early 90's.

Have all the boxes and been taking the batteries out to prevent damage. He has no interest anymore so its time to go.

Any more valuable than others? Best venue?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ebay a place to look on values. My FIL bought these for his grandchildren. They don't seem to have much value except very early ones.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I dunno but every year in the early 70s my parents bought me a Hess truck for christmas. Hess also sold fire trucks back then.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have six trucks in original boxes that my father bought in the early 70’s. Would like to get rid of them

Posts: 185 | Location: Deep Creek Lake, MD, Stuart, FL.  | Registered: December 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Seems at one time they were a "Collectable"
Then people bought them just for that reason (and lots of them)
I had a collection going way back and add it all up I was plus on very few of them break even on a lot of them and lost money on most of them...
Any "collectable" is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for them...
I had the same BS with 200+ Beanie Babies. That one was a lot easier, I donated them the Robert Wood Johnson- Squibbs Children's Hospital and got a MUCH fatter tax receipt than anything close to what buyers were offering. Problem Solved, AND I felt good knowing they were handed out to VERY sick children.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8375 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll throw them on craigslist for a local sale. Think 100. for 12 of them is fair?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post