SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Relief for occasional leg cramps ?? Hylands pills ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Relief for occasional leg cramps ?? Hylands pills ? Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Try drinking pickle juice, or eating mustard when they hit. Something about the turmeric. Of course the prevention is what others have mentioned above.

This to answer your original question for right now relief. At least works for my similar occasional night cramps.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Mrs slosig takes Calm, a magnesium supplement regularly.

I take it to calm leg cramps when I wake up in the middle of the night cramping. That and a hot shower, on massage, on the leg, as hot as I can stand it. Usually goes away in two or three minutes. Stretching before bed can often help avoid them. Dehydration increases the likelihood that the leg ramps will show up.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife gets frequent leg cramps. Dill Pickle juice does the trick for her. Drink a few tablespoons of it and it only takes a minute or two to work. She has been doing that for years.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magnesium daily for prevention. Pickle juice if it happens.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I used to suffer nightly leg and foot cramps – nearly every night. Then I began taking a daily magnesium supplement (for some other reason). The magnesium supplement didn’t help that “other reason”, but it ended my nightly leg and foot cramps.

Same here. I was having leg cramps at night. The wife added magnesium to my daily dose of supplements and no more leg cramps.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6415 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post