SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update on St. Cloud, MN Mall Stabbing of 2016
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on St. Cloud, MN Mall Stabbing of 2016 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Remember this story?

Police show video of ISIS mall attacker's fatal encounter with off-duty officer

- Here's the Update -

Officer who stopped St. Cloud mall stabbing spree awarded Congressional Badge of Bravery

A few reminders

- The officer was off duty but carrying. Always carry!

- The bad guy dressed himself in a mall security guard outfit to blend in

- The officer shot him multiple times...the bad guy kept getting up. Always shoot til they are stopped!

ST. CLOUD, Minn. — As he gazed out at the room full of dignitaries there to honor him, Jason Falconer looked like he’d rather be anywhere else.

The part-time police officer from Avon, Minn., sat stoically as two U.S. senators, a congressman and a couple of police chiefs sang his praises.

His jaw flexed rhythmically as he slowly chewed a piece of gum, and a red flush crept up his neck and into his cheeks.

Finally, Falconer stood and became the first Minnesota police officer ever to receive the Congressional Badge of Bravery.

“I kinda thought it was all said and done, and then we had this,” Falconer said as the room broke into laughter.

“I’ve been avoiding the media. So, media, this is what you get. It’s over, done. We move on.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12340 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason is the man. I've know him for years as we used to play hockey together. He also owns a great gun range that isn't far from my house.

Nice work Sir.

MDS

Posts: 381 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I like the part where the perp runs backwards so it looks like a bad shoot, in his mind, if he's shot in the back.

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
six hits- head, chest, side, back, and left leg (wikipedia "fact") it is amazing how much a body can take, or at least how long it can keep going.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officer Falconer has warrior written all across him. Kudos to him for a Job Well Done. You made us proud.

Posts: 5744 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post