SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More Power! The Binford 6000 Snowblower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Power! The Binford 6000 Snowblower Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

After not getting enough snow to bother with all Winter, we've gotten about 8 inches spread out over 3 days.

With rain predicted later in the week and an oil delivery scheduled for today, I fired up the Cabota and blew out the drive, a path to the oil tank for the shop, and a path for the fuel tank for the tractor (a 275 gallon heating oil tank with a hand pump). As I was making one last pass before going up to clean out in front of the garage, the blower broke the master link for the auger drive chain and I was out of business with no spare on hand.

The Binford has set in the shed for at least two years, maybe as many as 4. I keep the battery out of the lawn tractor on trickle in the basement all Winter. Popped that in the blower and it cranked right up. Amazing what a little Stabil and a fresh battery will do for ya. That's a 13 HP E-start Predator mounted on a 28" Craftsman blower. Got it free after the 8HP Tecumseh Snow King tossed a rod. It's a beast!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Fortunately for me, me Ryobi with a 40 volt battery, and an extra, are all I need. Big Grin

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Heated driveway....

Posts: 9436 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You need to get yourself an actual Binford sticker or two for your tools!
https://www.teepublic.com/stickers/binford-tools

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You need to get yourself an actual Binford sticker or two for your tools!
https://www.teepublic.com/stickers/binford-tools

Hah! That's a GREAT idea! Ordered!

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have the 24" Craftsman but got a deal on one that had the engine on it for the 26 & 28. It is a beast. Darn near will throw snow into Canada from here. I end up doing 4-5 driveways each time to help out neighbors. I can hear it scoff at anything under 4"

I've been very happy with it.

I've told many people this when buying or looking at a new snowblower - No man, at the end of the winter season has ever said "I should have bought the smaller snowblower"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've had good luck with those Predator engines and the price is good.

Generator Blizzard Advisory.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'd be chomping at the bit to use it but I live in GA

On a side note

I saw this tiller for sale on FB and thought of you PHPaul. Isn't it cool? I could see myself restoring this when I'm retired

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That tiller looks like a man-killer. At least it's not front tine!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I'd be chomping at the bit to use it but I live in GA

On a side note

I saw this tiller for sale on FB and thought of you PHPaul. Isn't it cool? I could see myself restoring this when I'm retired

If you want, come on up to Chicago! We're supposed to get 3-5 this weekend

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a fella three blocks down that has a giant two stage snow blower that he has m
Not needed in three and a half years.

This year
( Just in case)
He made a see through four sided cab / shelter.
It mounts on the handle bars.
He got the idea from a fellow in Sweden.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Heated driveway....

Heated everything...

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Heated driveway....

Heated everything...

Ditto… sold my snowblower when I moved to the sunshine state.

Don’t ask me why I still have classic snowmobiles…

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
After living in the Philippines, Virginia, South Carolina and Florida (courtesy of the Navy) I've long since sworn off heat and humidity.

While Winter can be a pain in the ass, I still prefer it to triple digit temperatures.

posted Hide Post
When you said Binford I expected to see a snow blower powered by a Chevy 454 V8 with a GMC 6-71 Blower mounted on the intake. While you did a good job with that Craftsman based adaption Tim Allen would have built a blower that could blow snow for a 1/2 mile.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great set of tires on the garden tractor. I want to party with that dude!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
When you said Binford I expected to see a snow blower powered by a Chevy 454 V8 with a GMC 6-71 Blower mounted on the intake. While you did a good job with that Craftsman based adaption Tim Allen would have built a blower that could blow snow for a 1/2 mile.

I wish!

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

For Orguss... Big Grin

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's the best!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

After not getting enough snow to bother with all Winter, we've gotten about 8 inches spread out over 3 days.

With rain predicted later in the week and an oil delivery scheduled for today, I fired up the Cabota and blew out the drive, a path to the oil tank for the shop, and a path for the fuel tank for the tractor (a 275 gallon heating oil tank with a hand pump). As I was making one last pass before going up to clean out in front of the garage, the blower broke the master link for the auger drive chain and I was out of business with no spare on hand.

The Binford has set in the shed for at least two years, maybe as many as 4. I keep the battery out of the lawn tractor on trickle in the basement all Winter. Popped that in the blower and it cranked right up. Amazing what a little Stabil and a fresh battery will do for ya. That's a 13 HP E-start Predator mounted on a 28" Craftsman blower. Got it free after the 8HP Tecumseh Snow King tossed a rod. It's a beast!

Do they have one with dual exhaust?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post