SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Decided on a truck…picked it up today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decided on a truck…picked it up today Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
‘22 F350 XLT 7.3 19k miles, took yalls advice and went gas. When I got in tonight there was a faint hint of cigarette smoke, they did a good job covering that up today. I’ll try some diluted vinegar.

Couldn’t update the old thread for some reason.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6324 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Congrats

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking truck! Should be plenty capable, too.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous truck! Years back I was told by a dealer to get a Lazer jet printer, plugged in and running in the truck all closed up. It does not have to be printing, just turned on. It was shocking how effective that was at getting rid of cigarette stink. Truly amazing. My dad had Hewlett Packard laser jet 4 printer that I used. It was incredible. We had tried all sorts of cleaning materials, fans and nothing helped. But that worked great.
Congratulations on the fantastic truck.

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 270 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You get more truck when you buy the big ones like this. I like the huge GMC best but your Ford is very nice. Is it 8' box Otto or 6'? I would love to see a 7,3 outside the compartment.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Any local detail shops have an ozone machine? I hear that works on cigarette smoke removal.

Posts: 5305 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking heavy duty truck. and almost new.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a big truck! Congrats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Does it have the high beams on all the time?

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nice ride

now you need to pimp it out with custom wheels and spinners, low profile tires, get a couple of flashing blue LED lights for the undercarriage, and a lights behind the brakes...

Posts: 53197 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

It's a '22 vehicle. So, yes. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. What a great looking truck!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

It's a '22 vehicle. So, yes. Big Grin

Yall talking about the new LED everything?

The base model Fords come with old fashioned lights, only the platinum and similar come with LED. I don’t need LED but that is my only complaint, the headlights are anemic. Was the same on my ‘04 F-150.

If the street lights are on in the neighborhood I can’t tell if my lights are on.

Posts: 6324 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jindodog:
That is a gorgeous truck! Years back I was told by a dealer to get a Lazer jet printer, plugged in and running in the truck all closed up. It does not have to be printing, just turned on. It was shocking how effective that was at getting rid of cigarette stink. Truly amazing. My dad had Hewlett Packard laser jet 4 printer that I used. It was incredible. We had tried all sorts of cleaning materials, fans and nothing helped. But that worked great.
Congratulations on the fantastic truck.

That’s sounds too crazy to be true, BUT… I happen to have a laserjet here at home AND adequate extension cords. I know what I’m doing tomorrow.

And if you got me over here chasing snipes, to hell with you, Sir! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Can't tell,
Long or short bed?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54657 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You get more truck when you buy the big ones like this. I like the huge GMC best but your Ford is very nice. Is it 8' box Otto or 6'? I would love to see a 7,3 outside the compartment.

Sorry, David, I forgot to answer you. (And Bendable).

It’s the 8’ bed. Passed over several 6.? Beds. One day I may want to haul a 5th wheel and I’ve always like LWB trucks better. Just seems more practical. I imagine a lot of folks would choose otherwise, but I got a lot of room back there to store some gas cans, water, a nice box for emergencies (winter), or repairs. And after all that there will still be a 6’ bed left.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
8' bed is the only way to go. If you're going to have a big truck the extra two feet makes little difference to drivability, and being able to put 8' lumber back there with the tailgate closed (and significantly less overhang with 10' and 12' stuff) is really handy.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats J, that is the Godzilla motor. Have not heard much about it in the last 18 months.

Please keep us posted on it performance. Would love to know what you paid if willing to post or email me.

I would love that rig with a flatbed. Possibly a dually. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post