SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally finished my boat’s gunwale replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally finished my boat’s gunwale replacement Login/Join 
posted
This project started a few years ago when the 32 yr old teak split beyond repair so I removed it. That’s how it sat (I still ran it) Good friend looked at me the other week and stated my boat was looking ghetto. Soooo..... I finished it. The original pieces were used as a template

1982 Pursuit 2100

Main length is Sapele (about 1/4 the cost of Teak). Inner rail is original Teak

Replaced the horn and installed 2 White/Red switchable, dimmable LED fixtures underneath

Original Teak

Removed from hull

Rough fitting

4 coats Epifane Gloss followed by 3 coats Matte

Hardware fitting

Final install

Port side

Starboard

Caulked in

Back in the water

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
What a huge difference, looks great! Nicely done.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
You did a great job. That really looks good.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Looks so nice! Thanks for sharing.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Nice job! That is very spiffy.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Now mount a gun and go for wale.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Very nice and I'm not a boat person. Get sick pretty fast.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2210 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Great work!

Mine is a 1977 Aquasport Family Fisherman 19-6.

My teak was shot when I bought it in '92, so I went to a cabinet store and bought white Corian to replace it.

So far so good! Looks like it came that way from the factory and zero maintenance issues.

Posts: 2832 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Great job!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post