SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Damn, I missed it. Yesterday was 20 years on the forum for me!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn, I missed it. Yesterday was 20 years on the forum for me! Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
20 years! Where does the time go? I check in several times a day and that's been almost consistent for as long as I've been here. During a trip to Costa Rica in 2016 I think I missed a few days.

Feels like home!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38587 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Glad you’re here!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8844 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Congratulations old timer! Wink

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, 20 years is a long time.

I've still got a few to go yet.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the milestone!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 3696 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Time flies. Congrats!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well , damn . We had a party planned and everything . Your loss .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, fellas! I'm glad to be here.

It goes without saying, but it's still been said many times before, this is a great place for camaraderie, useful information, news that isn't easily found elsewhere and entertainment.

Thank you all and thank you para for all you do!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38587 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Well , damn . We had a party planned and everything . Your loss .

Yeah, I enjoyed the party, to bad 6guns didn't/couldn't make it, next year maybe. Wink

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I really have to check my calendar more often! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Congrats, you’re a pillar of this fine community, and thanks for being here!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
So 6guns, just what were you doing 20 years ago? Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congrats old timer!!
I missed my 18th last month. Got 2 more to go.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
So 6guns, just what were you doing 20 years ago? Wink

Funny you should ask. Just before joining, I'd taken my first class at Sig Academy and was researching which Sig to buy with my class discount. I stumbled upon the forum and the New Members Introduction thread became several pages. I had it narrowed down to a P239/357Sig or P229/357Sig. I ended up with the P239 and started using it in IDPA. Of course the SO's hated me because of that potent round. Big Grin Back then I was buying Canned Heat from Georgia Arms.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Canned Heat from Georgia Arms.

Golly, I remember that stuff. I think my father gifted me 500 rounds of that stuff when I was flat broke.

That’s actually pretty funny as I too started competing with 357sig and then shortly thereafter, went to 9mm for all the reasons. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I too switched to 9mm and the P226, which I'm still using (slicked up by Bruce). I decided I wanted to be competitive. Big Grin

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well you missed it. Now you have to start over. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29602 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. It only shows how great this forum is, to have members that long.

I just turned 19 years in this forum Nov. 5th.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
We're a pretty fine group!

Kevin, catch you next year on the 22nd!