SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division** Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Apology accepted. Let's move on.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24183 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Let's move on.

Yeah! Let's get back to giving Gillette a bunch of crap! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I was getting ready to get some refills for my Gillette fusion. Looks like I will be switching.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a Merkur razor, Feather double-edged blades, a silver tip badger brush, and a bowl of shaving soap. And I wasn’t even using Gillette before! Big Grin If this doesn’t work out I’ll just go back to Harry’s blades.

Posts: 18094 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Just ordered a Merkur razor, Feather double-edged blades, a silver tip badger brush, and a bowl of shaving soap.
Why don't you just have your butler shave you? Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107750 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Just ordered a Merkur razor, Feather double-edged blades, a silver tip badger brush, and a bowl of shaving soap. And I wasn’t even using Gillette before! Big Grin If this doesn’t work out I’ll just go back to Harry’s blades.

You’ll love the Feathers. They’re great. Sharpest out there. If it doesn’t work out, you’ll be glad there’s a doctor in the house. Big Grin

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Christ that was awful. That didn’t have shit to do with selling product. As much as ads blow, I wish they would stay on topic. If I wanted to be preached to a about social BS, I’d watch CNN or MSNBC.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Gillette. What's that? Haven't used a Gillette razor in years.

Here's my line up of safety razors. A 1960s vintage Schick, a Merkur slant bar, and an Edwin Jagger. I use Merkur blades and Barbasol shaving cream. Once the initial expenditures on the razor itself is paid, blades are pennies per month.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Vintage Gillettes (I have a few) don't count in this bolox - pre-insanity. Sinatra used a Gillette along with most males in the '40s and '50s. I have a hard time picturing him dancing around in a tutu....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Worst thread drift ever.

What are the benefits of the slant?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Moses has my back...

"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."

-MannishMonkey

toin it up!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gArU-BAO7Kw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Tell me you didn’t appreciate the Kane reference. Wink

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I assume Monica Lowinsiki is in it along with Bill Clinton?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think I found who this commercial is for. Sigh.

So I had to return a soundbar to bestbuy tonight. I get there and “guy” behind the counter says we need to open the box to make sure I put the real item in etc. no worries I get it. He says can you help me open it back up and take it out. No problem I say, I pull out a 3 inch Spyderco Native and start to cut the box tape open.

This “guy” jumped back about three feet with a horrified look on his face. I mean you would have thought I whipped out my cock in one hand and an Uzi in the other. Jesus.

So I finished up put the knife away and said it’s ok now can you help me get it out of the box.

FFS those dude could use a little touch of toxic masculinity. Sigh.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Gillette marketing sure has gone down the crapper. They used to be good. For example, they mailed a free Gillette Edge to my brother when he turned 16. My Dad and I were so impressed with it we bought one for ourselves. The three of us bought their overpriced cartridges for 20 years. Now, that is effective marketing.
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I guess I'm one of the idiots. Smile

Looking into Dollar Shave and Dorko (never heard of them).

Dorco looks similar to the Gillette - any recommendations on which model? Amazon seems to carry the brand.....
At the time I bought mine, Dorco made Dollar Shave Club (don't know if it's still the case). For the same money I could buy Dorco from Amazon Prime and not have to put up with any membership BS such as automatic shipping, receiving e-mails, etc.

I bought the Dorco Pace 6 Plus. I'm paying less for a 6 blade razor cartridge than I was for a 2 blade Gillette Edge cartridge. I shave 5 or 6 days a week, and change the blades the first of every month. I might be able to go longer but don't want to get knicked. That's much longer blade life than I got out of my Gillette Edge.

One thing I like about Dorco is that most of their cartridges are interchangeable. I was debating between the 4 blade and 6 blade, and the handle looked better on the 6 blade Pace 6 Plus so I purchased it knowing that in the event I decided 6 blade cartridges were too unwieldy that I can just order the 4 blade cartridges and keep using my existing, nicer handle.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23323 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Reached for comment by the Wall Street Journal, Gillette brand director for North America Pankaj Bhalla said:
"This is an important conversation happening, and as a company that encourages men to be their best, we feel compelled to both address it and take action of our own," adding "We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together."

Yeah, no.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24183 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Masturbation

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Masturbation

...would be more productive to me that watching that "commerical" again.

Certainly more entertaining. It may even remind me to shave so that I can purchase more safety razors from a Gillette competitor.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Bic. Now I am glad I do.
Thread drift:
Anyone remember putting your used blades into the slot in the bathroom medicine cabinet so they fell into the wall cavity behind the cabinet?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16126 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post