SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is this strong Vodka Rebottled as Hand Sanitizer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this strong Vodka Rebottled as Hand Sanitizer? Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Heh - GSD is just down the road from here... They have been making a TON of the stuff for the last several weeks.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
[QUOTE] Just $13.00 on the counter here in Kentucky.

Which counter?
BP Station in Richwood, KY.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhere, there is someone who has used this product for "medicinal purposes". When I was a kid, we had a local "Otis Campbell" who wandered the streets in our little town. He came from a family that was pretty well off financially, but he chose a different path.

His main claim to fame was this ability to wander into the local Service Station and pilfer a can of brake fluid on days when he had nothing else to drink. Why it didn't kill him immediately, I'll never know, but he lived (survived) to middle age. Where there is a will, there is a way......

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Y'all know it is not hard at all to make alcohol and specifically ethyl .... we've been doing it down here in the dark corners for close on to two hundred years....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
isopropyl alcohol is what you get at the drug store and was readily available and inexpensive until recent events. 70, 80, 90 and the grand daddy 99%. I find this the best for sanitizing your hands if you're going to use just pure alcohol. Dries almost immediately, and once it's dry it's done it's thing. That's what is in the little packet wipes the nurses use before they give you a shot. If you should ingest a tinny bit from your hands it's no problem. Not so much with wood alcohol and a lessor extent denatured. As with H2O2, if it's not keep in a very airtight container, it dilutes to H2O. H2O2 also needs to be kept in a light proof container. Vis a Vis the brown bottle it comes in or it converts to H2O pretty quickly. That processed concoction is not too bad (have a bottle) but it smells like crap.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The ideal mixture for disinfecting is actually 70%. You need some water to act as a catalyst, and also evaporates more slowly, increasing contact time. 99% does make the best solvent, so is better as a cleaning agent.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The ideal mixture for disinfecting is actually 70%. You need some water to act as a catalyst, and also evaporates more slowly, increasing contact time. 99% does make the best solvent, so is better as a cleaning agent.

Yes, and best for "rubbing", but since the higher concentration don't stay that way in storage especially if exposed to the atmosphere, I always look for at least 90 %.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slappin' dat Bass!
Picture of bassman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I have a bottle too from another PA distillery, a lot of them switched to making sanitizer when it became scarce and also in an attempt to stay afloat financially.

I think most of them are raw alcohol, basically moonshine, with some additives like aloe and glycerin.

Here’s mine:

Redners?

Posts: 1630 | Registered: November 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^ This!

Regards,
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post