SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Replacement dial for Stack On safe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement dial for Stack On safe Login/Join 
posted
The dial on my safe was very hard to turn so I took it apart. The back side of the dial has shattered and the main bolt fell off. Has anyone tried getting replacement parts from Stack On, or does anybody know if dials and rings are fairly universal in size? I’m not real picky about appearance but I do have children in the house.

Posts: 968 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
What model?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought it used and I’m not positive I have paperwork on it. Do you know where that would be located on the safe?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Likely only a serial.

Get me pictures of it and the dial works.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do sigmonkey. I don’t have a pic hosting site so I’ll just try to email the pics to the address in your profile tonight.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If the dial comes to a stop during the final turn, it will be a UL rated lock and you'll have a number of dial options.

If you simply dial to a final number then turn the handle, it's one of the imported types, and you would likely need to source the part from Stack On.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15726 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If a replacement lock becomes too tedious to source, you could always install a quality laminated hasp and key lock.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post