SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought a new pair of boots today...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new pair of boots today... Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You did the right thing. Honesty has become a rare commodity these days.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I would expect nothing less from a man sporting a fine pair of Luccheses.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The right thing feels good the bad thing haunts you...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
If one always does the right thing, there is no need to fear karma. Someone with enough juice at the store might choose to honor the lower price as in the place where MagicHorse works. If so, hurray for them! If not, it is worth every penny of the price difference for one’s integrity.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a good looking pair of boots.

You did right.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Integrity is doing the right thing, when no one if watching. You did good. Nice looking boots too, though they're a bit to 'snazzy' for me. Smile My purchases are always work or knock around boots though.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
As for the boot selection....
Nice choice, I have a pair of ostrich leg Lucchese boots that I love.
Perfect fit.

Congrats on your purchase.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog Goat? That triggers my inner YEEEHAW!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Now you need a fancy carved holster.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you did exactly the right thing. I always feel bad when someone brags about doing just the opposite.

And, you're way up there in your wife's eyes, too.

Good job.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You may have saved that poor gal from being fired. Good for you!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Love the boots...I like the squared toe.
I would've pointed out the mistake as well...I would've been guilt-ridden otherwise.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I have those in a slightly more orange-dish shade. They are incredibly comfortable, my favorites! And they are 12 years old and going strong.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Very nice boots!

I've brought it to the attention of cashiers from time to time, when I've been under-charged, or given me too much in change, and they've always been amazed someone would do that. Doesn't speak well for most customers, as you know it must happen on a regular basis and most say nothing.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but can you dance in them ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Love a good pair of Lucchese boots!!
Great toe on those.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Nice boots. Like the toe and the color. I would have gone back inside and pointed out their mistake, you did the right thing.

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
As someone who works in retail, it's on them, not you. If you came back in to my store after that happened, I'd tell you thanks for pointing it out, congrats, and have a great day.

glad you don't work for me

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice-looking boots. And right way to handle store's mistake.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post