SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Message Posted by Mark Zuckerberg today
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message Posted by Mark Zuckerberg today Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This bizzaro commercial reminded me of the Big Shake commercial Big Grin

And the Iceland is having their fun with it

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This little dickhead really has an over inflated conception of his own self importance .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get it - the brand ad - what the hell are they trying to convey or sell?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hey, Zuckerdouche, how's your Metawhatever thingy coming along?

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You mean the Make Everything Trump Again brand??? Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I am starting to think Zuck considers himself the real life James Halliday (creator of the OASIS in the book Ready Player One).

In reality Zuck is basically the real life version of Nolan Sorrento, the cruel, evil antagonist who is only motivated by money and power.

It’s almost humorous that Facebook decides to rebrand to save face and that idiot doesn’t see that he is actually doing an almost perfect job of emulating the antagonist in a futuristic novel that relates directly to what he is attempting to build.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Facebook needs a better ad agency. You know the guys that do the ads for beer and fast cars. Some dork sitting in a chair blubbering technical words just is ineffective.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's been about one year now that I was handed a 30-day Facebook Jail sentence which led me to leave Facebook for good and my mental health level, my happiness level and productivity is FAR higher than it was a year ago.

When I hear friends and relatives discussing the latest social media bullshit or bitching about their Facebook Jail stints (which are happening at an ever-rapidly increasing pace if you are conservative in any way) I just chuckle and tell them I'm not on there anymore and happier for it!

I missed it for two weeks then I didn't anymore and you couldn't pay me to go back.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I miss the flow of news from Facebook. That and communication with old friends.

The only two things FB was pretty good at was keeping me up to date on the things I am interested in and giving me a way to keep in contact with old friends who I would otherwise never see or hear from.

Those two positive aspects of Facebook are obviously outweighed by the monumental amount of toxic bullshit on that platform. I’ve been gone for over a year and am better for it.

Fuck that platform and its creator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meta/Facebook voted worst company of 2021: survey
The social media giant received 50% more votes than the runner-up
By Jon Brown FOXBusiness
Published December 19

Facebook, which was recently rebranded as "Meta," was rated the worst company of the year according to a recent survey.

The open-ended survey, which was performed on Survey Monkey via the Yahoo! Finance home page from Dec. 4 to Dec. 5, received 1,541 respondents.

Eight percent of the write-in votes were for Facebook, according to Yahoo, which noted that the social media giant received 50% more votes than the runner-up Alibaba, which is a Chinese e-commerce company.

Full article: Meta/Facebook voted worst company of 2021: survey

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-meta-stock-70-year/

Burn it Down! Facebook (META) Stock Down 70% Over the Year

By Cristina Laila
Published November 2, 2022 at 1:20pm

Burn it down!

Facebook (META) stock is down more than 70% over the year and has lost $800 billion of its market cap, CNBC reported.

Facebook fell from a 52-week high of $353 per share to $92 per share on Wednesday.

Last summer Facebook’s market capital was nearly $1 trillion dollars and now it is closer to $245 billion.

META-Facebook shares were down more than 24% last Thursday on a weak Q4 forecast and earnings collapse.

“Meta Platforms Inc. shareholders are paying dearly for its spending on the metaverse: The Facebook parent’s market value has collapsed by a whopping $677 billion this year, forcing it out from the ranks of the world’s 20 largest companies.” Bloomberg News reported last Thursday morning.

Mark Zuckerberg’s fortune took a huge hit.

“Mark Zuckerberg’s fortune plunged by $11 billion after his Meta Platforms Inc. reported a second-straight quarter of disappointing earnings, bringing his total wealth loss to more than $100 billion in just 13 months.” Bloomberg News reported.

CNBC’s Jim Cramer recommended META stock right before it collapsed.

This is the same guy who lied about Bear Stearns before it collapsed in 2008.

Cramer held back crocodile tears as he apologized for leading people off a cliff by recommending META stock.

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Zuckass lost 2/3 of his wealth over the last 15 months. Every conservative the world over should avoid using anything run by the arrogant prick.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Couldn't happen to a more deserving company.

Coincidentally, I just this morning finally caved and signed-up on Fakebook again, so I could message sellers on FB Marketplace.

First, upon my first attempt, they demanded a phone number to which they could send an SMS message to "verify my identity." Yeah: You ain't gettin' that Fakebook. Not with your privacy history. So I gave 'em the a throw-away number I have on Callcentric I used to test the VoIP setup before porting our POTS line to it. (It incl. SMS.) Got that done.

Then, when I went to message a second seller, just now, it came up with "Your account has been suspended for violating community standards" and demanded a photo for verification which they promised to delete after the process was complete.

I sent 'em the photo, cuz there's really nothing interesting they can do with that.

Frackin' Fakebook. I hope their stock crashes into penny stocks territory.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
no wait elon musk is gonna kill twitter Razz

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
lost $800 billion

That's a shit-ton of money.

quote:
was nearly $1 trillion dollars and now it is closer to $245 billion

"Still a whole shit-ton of money, but put another way to drive the point home."

Big Grin

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just put in a call to our retirement funds manager. Going to ask him to divest us of any stock in Meta, if reasonably possible.

That company is just plain Evil.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Or does he just want more eyeballs on his screens so he can sell more advertising?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Best news I’ve seen this week and it’s only hump day. I hope he continues to get hammered until he can’t afford coffee.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

“Dude; $800 billion!” LOL

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post