SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best source for Surefire batteries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best source for Surefire batteries Login/Join 
posted
Thoughts?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I can't help but I'm curious. Are Surefire cells better quality tne premium duracell or eveready equivalents ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I can't help but I'm curious. Are Surefire cells better quality tne premium duracell or eveready equivalents ?

Nope, we buy Duracell CR123A’s in bulk and issue them to all of our officers. Zero issues.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.batteryjunction.com
Its my source for 123s. They sell many different brands, including SureFire

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy to get through Amazon

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just buy them via Amazon.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Nope, we buy Duracell CR123A’s in bulk and issue them to all of our officers. Zero issues.

Are the Duracell's cheaper?

I doubt Surefire is making their own batteries. I believe there are just a handful of battery manufacturers out there, they just rebrand batteries for different customers.

I know Johnson Controls was huge, not sure if they still are.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never had any issues with Surefire batteries, and that's good enough for me.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
SF batteries are my first choice if I can find them for around $22 on Amazon or at other site however,SF doesn't have their own battery line and someone is making them to their spec.

Years ago SF itself said their batteries were recommended but also suitable were Duracell and Panasonic. Now days they only mention their own brand.

For lower tier but very acceptable 123a batteries, Rayovac works but only that's about 80% of the life but the price is good. Battery Junction are very serviceable and it's what Malkoff uses in their lights.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine from Lowes probably two years ago. Might be worth a look if u need them right now.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Amazon, easy, good price. Other batteries may be ok as well. But ordering SureFire keeps it simple—made in USA, no question on quality.

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
https://www.batteryjunction.com/surefire-cr123a.html

$1.75 a piece for singles and cheaper if you buy more at battery junction. I've been buying from them for probably 20 years and they have always been fantastic, although I buy their Titanium brand of CR123s more often than not.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
All I know is, I have some surefires that are over 20 years old. Replaced the ones in one of my lights the other day and still had full power. So far I haven't noticed any shorter in use life when I use these.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all that replied.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
we buy Duracell CR123A’s in bulk and issue them to all of our officers. Zero issues.

No issues, until the Duracell battery leaks. Surefire eventually replaced my Surefire unit at no cost.

I now use only Surefire batteries.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I have used the titanium innovations from battery junction, But I was at scheels and they had the cr123's for 24 for a 12 pack and I splurged lol

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms whenever they are on sale.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's silly, but you need to watch out on the source of brand name (Surefire, Duracell, Energizer, etc) batteries on Amazon. There are counterfeits out there (yes, of batteries). I prefer Battery Junction for my lithium battery needs.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Had this discussion thr other day, can't provide proof so research yourself. I was told that there are people on YTube stating that many of those brands are made in China by the same companies. I have friends with thermal scopes that buy the Tenergy and they work well. I can buy wholesale so I still use brand names but even wholesale they are over $1 each.

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Got mine from Lowes probably two years ago. Might be worth a look if u need them right now.

I did too. Lowe's was closing out 12/29 dated ones for about $1 each in two packs or by the dozen. I'm still using those up. Not sure if they carry them any longer.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post