SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for printer recommendation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for printer recommendation. Login/Join 
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted
So here's the scoop. In my haste I allowed my mac to update to OS 10.15 Catalina and my limited computer world went side ways. Had to subscribe to 365 cause my 08 office shit out, took me several days to figure out and get Mac address book into outlook, and The computer no talkie talkie to printer (HP7520). I know 64 bit 32 bit driver thingy. I've tried what I think to be everything to get them to work nicely together. The latest driver ( easy start from HP) didn't work. I have a work around as I can send documents to my phone and then wireless print from phone. Did a google search and there appears to be a lot of folks pissed with HP about this. Don't know when HP / apple will get this ironed out but now my ink is low $56 for the set. So It's an older printer and thinking about throwing in the towel and getting another all in one printer that has to be wireless.

Looking for someone running Catalina with a all in one wireless printer they can recommend that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks hray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Brother, brother.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Brother Pro series for my office. No issues, and carries a HEAVY workload daily. May be more than you need, but have gone through several cheap HPs which are slow and do not function well.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Bro

0:01

Posts: 4213 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Did anyone suggest Brother? I have a EHLL2360DW that I paid $80 for on Amazon. It’s wireless and printer prints from my iPhone, iPad, MacBook and PC. 3rd party toners are cheap.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Someone will come along and suggest Brother.

Well, do yourself a favor and heed this advice. Also, Brother is automatically “AirPlay” compatible, so wi-if connecting is no problem.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Yep, bought a Brother a few years ago. It has been the best MFC printer I’ve ever owned. Works seamlessly with my PCs and Macs.

HP used to be nearly synonymous with printer. Now I wouldn’t own one if it was given to me.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Copy the brother been looking at them. Are any of you guys that recommending Brother running Mac OS 10.15 catalina and the printer is functioning?

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Brother L2700DW user here. Been using it for 4 years. Got tired of the HP junk.

Surprisingly, this printer wasn't very expensive. It's great on ink, too.

Posts: 13130 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post