SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do people really ask guests about Covid vaccination status for a Thanksgiving dinner get together? Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
The local news has a Covid expert doctor they regularly parade out to tell us to get the jab. She always talks about how you should make sure your guests are vaccinated in advance of whatever holiday get together is coming up and if not either have them wear masks or don't invite them.

Does this really happen? Being In the free state of Florida my social group never paid any attention to the Covid. We got together every weekend, met for dinner, stopped by to lend a hand as needed, kept to the same old same old.

We are going to have about 6 friends over for Thanksgiving dinner (any local forum members alone this thanksgiving give me a call) and I can’t fathom the idea of inviting friends based on their vaccination status.

Is anyone dealing with this? Family/friends wanting vaccination status prior to an invitation?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3838 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Shut the fuck up!

Not you, that would be my response to whoever asks me that.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6250 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not in our group however I'd bet there are some that do, consider it a warning of who and where not to spend the holidays

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
If someone asked me that, they'd be quickly uninvited from my property.

I don't have friends that would do such a thing...

...the family that would participate in such fuckery knows better than to actually expect me to accept any invitations to their house to begin with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My sister, who is normally pretty level headed, asked me a couple weeks ago if I've gotten jabbed yet. When I said no, she asked me not to come for Thanksgiving. Her daughter, my niece, had a baby two months ago and one or the other of them seems to have become convinced that exposing a newborn to an unvaxxed person is an automatic death sentence. So I think my Thanksgiving dinner will be coming from Papa Murphy's.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife would probably turn anyone who is away, lol. Seriously, we won’t ask.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Nowhere I would go either. I do have a sister who is a Covidiot, she’s out of State.

I owed a favor today to a neighbor. He asked if I’d wear a mask since his wife has some ailment. I wanted to get the favor over with, so I took a mask & wore it while hanging the TV on the wall.

At 1st I offered to stay away, but of course he wanted the help with the TV. I won’t be in a hurry to go back any time soon.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My older sister stated that everyone would need to wear a Mask last Christmas. I didn't go, and I am not going to Thanksgiving this year.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Was a little annoyed to find out my sister-in-law did a celebratory dinner for my Mom’s 90th and invited everyone except our family. Apparently, as the unjabbed we are unwelcome. I was surprised and saddened at the ignorance and fear driven decision making. Oh well…

Posts: 6869 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no interest in spending the holidays with mentally ill people who think that way. In fact, I have no interest in spending anytime with those types of people - ever. My family and I are much better off without them and their irrational paranoia. I simply cut them out of my life altogether. (including family)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If they are coming to my place for Thanksgiving, the vaccinated are not allowed inside.

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
If they are coming to my place for Thanksgiving, the vaccinated are not allowed inside.
That's beyond silly.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My boss went to some pre-Thanksgiving thing last week. You know someone had a dinner a week early to avoid conflicts, etc. There was one “unvaccinated” person there, who had some mild symptoms. Well he is vaxxed, but now has Covid. Sick as fuck. So I don’t really think this is a question of asking folks if they are vaxxed or not. What you should be telling them is if you are got damn sick, stay home, and don’t come over!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12567 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The media has so terrified my 80+ year old parents over this BS they have opted out of Thanksgiving this year fearful that some of the family (like me) are not vaccinated. The propaganda and lies have completely taken hold.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My wife’s aunt does Thanksgiving. This year she asked that only vaccinated come. This caused quite a stir. My wife’s adult son is not vaccinated and the aunt knew this when the request was made. She had cancer last year but beat it and is done treatment. At first my wife said she understood. But then she realized tha aunt is a dental hygienist and working. So an unvaccinated person at dinner is the least of her concerns. It is very upsetting to my wife. We are staying home. I’m fine with that. I’m a good cook.

Oh and the aunt and all the relatives were at our wedding this July. Mostly outdoors but crowded. So this new decision is perplexing.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12405 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker showed some lady last night that was telling Americans how they can save some money over the Thanksgiving Holiday and she had two fantastic answers.

Don't have a turkey because that is the single most costly item. The second thing is without a turkey some people will not come over so you save again. Seriously that's the best you've got.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Words fail me ..

Posts: 3968 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Better a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Posts: 26851 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Last year my parents were so fearful of Covid that they didn’t come for Thanksgiving. That was sad. They have since been vaccinated and have pushed me to be vaccinated but to no avail. They are still coming for Thanksgiving this year. They know I’m recommending that they not take the booster but they probably will. Nevertheless, they are welcome and we will enjoy.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23935 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Hey, .38supersig -- you forgot to add the sarcasm icon. Some people have taken you at your word. Sheesh!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post