SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thief tries to rob gun store with hammer with deadly results
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thief tries to rob gun store with hammer with deadly results Login/Join 
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted
A little chlorine in the gene pool... 

Thief tries to rob gun store with hammer with deadly results

https://www.foxnews.com/us/thi...ops?dicbo=v2-1B9g300

A suspected robber armed with a hammer was fatally shot when he allegedly tried to rob a California gun store.

The Livermore Police Department said that before 2:30 p.m. Sunday, a man "wearing a mask, a hooded sweatshirt pulled over his head and gloves" who was "acting suspicious" entered East Bay Firearms.

The man, who has only been identified as a 28-year-old from Redwood, then attempted to rob the gun store owner by swiping a firearm while wielding a hammer, according to witness statements to police.

The gun store owner, who has not been named, grabbed a gun and fired two rounds at the suspected robber.

Officers responded to the store shortly after over a report of a burglary, and found a man suffering from a gunshot wound, who later died on the scene.

Five customers were inside the store at the time of the alleged attempted burglary and were not injured, according to police.

Police said the gun store owner is cooperating and is not a suspect in the case. 

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
This is a good Canidate for the Stupid Criminal of the Year Story.

Posts: 1605 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not sure why they call this a “burglary”.

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Love the happy ending.

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I have heard of bringing a knife to a gun fight, but a hammer?

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brings a hammer to a gun fight?

Well..............ok. Roll Eyes

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
Brings a hammer to a gun fight?

Well..............ok. Roll Eyes

Not one of the smarter things he's ever done. Good ending, though.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

bur·gla·ry
[ˈbərɡlərē]
NOUN
entry into a building illegally with intent to commit a crime, especially theft

There you go. Entering into a building, with the intent to commit another crime while inside, is generally the crime of burglary in most states.

In my state, in a road rage case, if a man reaches into an open car window and punches another man, that's a burglary with a battery within. Like a first-degree felony on par with home invasion, punishable by 25 years in prison. Just for punching a man in the face.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I hope that there’s a follow-up story with a photo of the perp. I suspect he doesn’t look very bright.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8993 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

bur·gla·ry
[ˈbərɡlərē]
NOUN

There you go. Entering into a building, with the intent to commit another crime while inside, is generally the crime of burglary in most states.

In my state, in a road rage case, if a man reaches into an open car window and punches another man, that's a burglary with a battery within. Like a first-degree felony on par with home invasion, punishable by 25 years in prison. Just for punching a man in the face.

Wielding hammer. Some states might call that a Robbery. Maybe that’s what he was getting at?

Posts: 449 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I guess this dumbass didn’t think that gun shop employees all carry loaded guns?

Every gun shop I’ve ever set foot in, at least one person behind the counter is armed, if not all of them.

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
This is the town I grew up in.

My LGS is in Livermore but this one is not the one that I go too.

You’d have to be hopped up on something to try to rob a gun shop with a hammer…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3490 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

bur·gla·ry
[ˈbərɡlərē]
NOUN

Wielding hammer. Some states might call that a Robbery. Maybe that’s what he was getting at?

In California it would be both, since he entered the building with the intent to commit the robbery.

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Do you go to J&R?

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Happy ending...Local district attorney does not have to worry about droping the charges against the burgular or spending money for a crimmnal trial and no money to keep the person in jail till they get released to go back out and reoffend................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Stupid is as stupid does.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Well, he won’t make that mistake again.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist18:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Do you go to J&R?

Yes

As a matter of fact I will be picking up my jailed P320 there Monday .

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3490 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the winner of this year's
" didn't really think this this all the way through"
award goes to ____________

I too hope there will be a follow up to this with a picture.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post