SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dog whisperer needed Update: Max has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog whisperer needed Update: Max has crossed the Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

I believe they wait for us.

Well, that made me cry. I hope they wait for us. I'd like to see Harry and Amy again.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Bob, my condolences to you and your family.
My previous dog, a Lab-husky-chow mix had the "doggie dementia" before he left. It's terrible to witness.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I believe they wait for us.

I keep wondering if my Lab is waiting for me to convince her it's okay to go. I've told her to let me know when she's ready... she's just too stubborn to do so. Frown

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob ramberg:
Update: Max had gotten progressively weaker and was on antibiotics the last two weeks. He stopped eating and we were feeding him though a syringe. Finally he called it quits and passed away quietly a week ago. He was so weak. It is really unimaginable just how much you can love and miss a dog. We lost a family member when he died.

I feel very selfish for how I thought about him these last few months. He was always the best puppy and was always at the door to greet me when I came home from work. He knew the sound of my car and would rush to the door when he heard it!

We had him cremated and his ashes are on the mantle in our family room.

Bob, I miss Scarlett (2016) and Lola (2018) still tear up when I think about them. I have their ashes, just cannot put them in the ground. They were my girls, they waited for me to come home at night, slept with us, Lola across my feet, Scarlett between us. Our girl we have now is another Pit, she favors my wife though.

Just remember the good times and all the love you gave each other.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8106 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So sorry

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss Frown

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
They do become family, my condolences.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
damn this is a tough thread to read. You know when it's time for them to go but it's a damn difficult decision to make. I'm sorry to hear of your loss!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Having recently gone through this, it really hits home.

Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Fortunately for us, Max made the decision himself and spared us the agony. The stubborn little dog wasn’t going to let anyone make the call. He just quietly checked out.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss, but Max is not suffering any longer. I've had 2 pets (cats) die and be cremated. Their remains are in beautiful containers in a curio cabinet. The pain of losing Max will subside over time, but the memories need not.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post