SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    That ain't no quarter!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That ain't no quarter! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I rarely eat red meat, but now I'm thinking I need to go to Sam's Club and get some of these. They look amazing.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
How does a thick T-Bone steak stack up against a ribeye like that?

Ribeye all day and twice on Sunday for me!

I always preferred ribeyes when younger. As I grew older I moved to porterhouses/t-bones and now it is New York strip when I buy from the butcher. I think it's a matter of fattiness for me. The Strips are quite tasty but not with excessive lumps of fat I need to trim around in a ribeye. As for porterhouse/t-bones, still love 'em but they're more work for this old man to enjoy. This despite the bone in them giving a bit more flavor than the boneless strip. Obviously YMMV. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AGFNTB:
These were a little over 8 lbs for the pair. A little cowboy coffee rub, a good grillin, and they were great!

butcher was smiling when you bought those,,,

all that chine bone and feather bones left on,,

$$$$$

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam's had some large bone in ribeyes the last time I was there.

Had this thread posted before going to Sam's, I would have tried them...

Now it looks like a trip to Sam's is in order!

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Hmm prime rib may be on the menu for Saturday night.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post