SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kevin Spacey's new movie release is the bomb!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kevin Spacey's new movie release is the bomb! Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted
Oh wait, I mean IT's a bomb; $126 dollars in the opening weekend...congrats, douchebag!

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...uct-allegations.html

Following allegations of sexual misconduct against an underage boy, Kevin Spacey’s career has hit an all-time low. The star’s latest film, “Billionaire Boys Club” opened to a staggeringly low $126.

The film, which co-stars Ansel Elgort and Taron Egerton, was released on VOD last month and opened in just eight theaters over the weekend, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film suffers from not being released in Los Angeles or New York, instead opting for a quiet release in cities scattered across the U.S. such as Phoenix, Detroit, New Orleans, Miami and Hartford.

The outlet notes that the film opened to just $126 on Friday, only earning another $162 for Saturday. At this rate, the film’s full weekend box office report will have difficulty just scratching $425. Factoring in the average ticket price in the United States, an estimate of only six people showed up in each cinema over the weekend to see the film.

For reference, the top performing movie over the weekend was “Crazy Rich Asians,” which took $25.2 million from 3,348 locations.

As previously reported, Spacey was accused by “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp of making a sexual advance on him when he was 14-years-old and Spacey was 26. The accusations led to authorities in Los Angeles and London to open investigations into the actor. Since then Spacey, now 59, has not only been staying out of the limelight, but is being kept out of the limelight.

He was fired from Season 6 of his popular Netflix series “House of Cards,” which will be ending after one final season without him. Additionally, he was replaced by actor Christopher Plummer in the film “All the Money in the World” after the allegations came out. That makes “Billionaire Boys Club,” of which he has a supporting role, Spacey’s first foray into the public life since the allegations.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the studio that produced the film, “Vertical Entertainment, released a statement about Spacey’s involvement, urging fans to remember that it was made prior to the allegations becoming public.

“We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person’s behavior — that were not publicly known when the film was made almost two-and-a-half years ago and from someone who has a small, supporting role in ‘Billionaire Boys Club’ — does not tarnish the release of the film,” the statement read. “In the end, we hope audiences make up their own minds as to the reprehensible allegations of one person’s past, but not at the expense of the entire cast and crew present on this film.”

The film chronicles the real-life club of the same name that made headlines in Southern California during the 1980s when a get-rich-quick scheme turned sideways on the high-rolling people involved. Spacey plays real-life investor and con-man Rob Levin in the film.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The film suffers from not being released in Los Angeles or New York

They must have spread a rumor that Spacey is a conservative.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I used to really enjoy films with Spacey in them. I enjoyed his skills as a musician on the late night talk shows - before these became nauseating.

Now I have no stomach for this creep.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4237 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
urging fans to remember that it was made prior to the allegations becoming public.

begs the question of 'what did he do and when did he do it'..............

the other ignored question is "what ever happened to the notion of 'presumption of innocence' prior to legal judgement".

I've never been a Spacey fan in any case.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
$126 dollars divided by 8 theaters is approx 15 bucks per theater on Friday.

He is a very talented actor, but as an outspoken leftist commie hypocrite, he doesn't get a pass.
Seems karma is a bitch in the commie world nowadays.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Which is a shame considering it negatively impacts several other people who had nothing to do with the claims against him, and those people had no knowledge of those claims at the time they invested their resources into the project.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kevin Spacey's new movie release is the bomb!

I opened this thread hoping it involved his being blown up. No such luck.

Posts: 27982 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Neither here nor there, but I always get Kevin Spacey and Kevin Pollak confused. Spacey...idiot. Pollak...pretty good guy (not sure of his politics).

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In a previous life, I worked in the medical field. I worked in a learning center, where fourth-year, soon-to-be opotometrists had three month rotations through the facility. A student from SUNY was soooo excited one day and I asked him why. He told me that he had been invited to spend a three day weekend at Kevin Spacey's house. Big Grin

I don't care about the sexual allegations against Spacey, but since all this has come out, I keep hearing stories about the guy being a real bully asshole, just a douchebag deluxe.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
“We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person’s behavior — that were not publicly known when the film was made almost two-and-a-half years ago and from someone who has a small, supporting role in ‘Billionaire Boys Club’ — does not tarnish the release of the film,” the statement read.

Except I can't help but wonder what their marketing campaign would have looked like if Spacey hadn't gotten into hot water.

Would they still have dismissed his "small supporting role", or would a big name actor like Kevin Spacey have been front-and-center in their marketing of the film?

When you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolRich59,

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
lemme see

$126

thats 4 tickets, two large popcorns and a soda...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post