SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CSM Bennie Adkins To Be Buried At Arlington Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSM Bennie Adkins To Be Buried At Arlington Today Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
If you read what he did to receive the MOH, you will be amazed. He was wounded 18 different times during the battle.

https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/adkins/

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
"BAD ASS"

RIP Sergeant Major

Posts: 5351 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder why it took so long to award him his MOH?

RIP

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
"BAD ASS"

RIP Sergeant Major

Shows what can change in a guy who was drafted into the service and upon completion of his basic training was assigned as a typist!!! Eek

He had an incredible career besides his all too late recognition with the MOH, was a husband for at least 59 years and father of five children. What a life! Thank you for your service and rest in peace.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10209 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace . We have the watch now. God bless our troops be they past /present / future . ..................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2024 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Truly an American hero!
RIP

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bennie Adkins

He attended a function at Sig last year.

Unfortunately I missed him but a friend did. Said he was a great guy to speak to .

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indescribable person.
Leaves a great legacy behind.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
4 year ago he was honored, among other Veterans, at an Auburn Football game.
At the time, he was in a electric wheelchair.
When they started playing the National Anthem, he stood up as best he could.
Not gonna lie, I got a little misty-eyed.
I think I have a picture somewhere...

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Sgt. Major.

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

The MAN!!!

G*d Bless.

Posts: 11335 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
May this HERO finally rest in peace.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1182 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post