SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody near McLean Va know a tow shop and BMW repair - just broke fown
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody near McLean Va know a tow shop and BMW repair - just broke fown Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted
Anyone?

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I just posted on my FB asking for recommendations. Im sure someone I'm friends with will give me some options.

ETA: first suggestion was a place called Intersport Performance

ETAA: second suggestion was Delta Autocare in Herndon

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
https://www.bimmershops.com/near/mclean-va

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I resorted to google and found a place called Eurasian Service Center in Tysons Corners. I left it and the tow company they recommended will take it there. I'll figure out what to do about going to get it later. Luckily my daughter's Beau is heading up to ny too so he picked me up.

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I hope you get it fixed inexpensively and honestly.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Not being Maui I'm assuming they're competent, and not being NY I'm less worried about honesty. But as far as inexpensively goes my expectation is that I'll get the out of state stranded rate.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Two things:

1) If they've been in Tysons Corner for any length of time, the odds are that they do good work.

2) They're in Tysons Corner, where some of the highest rents in NoVa are found. Do not expect to get your work done at bargain rates.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Two things:

1) If they've been in Tysons Corner for any length of time, the odds are that they do good work.

2) They're in Tysons Corner, where some of the highest rents in NoVa are found. Do not expect to get your work done at bargain rates.

What he said.

Also - there's only one Corner in Tyson.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Inexpensively? No such thing with a BMW.

Posts: 28006 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Well, relatively speaking, of course.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
If you have time to kill, are hungry, and want pizza, across Route 7 and behind the Porsche dealer is Paisano's. Smile

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I just posted on my FB asking for recommendations. Im sure someone I'm friends with will give me some options.

ETA: first suggestion was a place called Intersport Performance

Intersport is top notch. Reliable, and won't try to rip you off. They worked on my cars and many of my friends for years. Charlie Murphy (one of the owners) is a stand up guy and great mechanic.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Well, relatively speaking, of course.

A BMW owner with a sense of humor once told me what BMW really stands for. Break My Wallet.

Posts: 1756 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I only threw it out in case someone with local knowledge happened to be in the Lounge at the moment. Anyway, Eurasian was the first place I could find on google with some positive feedback and I didn't want to delay my rescue ride any longer so I'll have to see how it goes. The guy on the phone sounded professional and was glad when I said he shouldn't feel like he had to drop everything to get it done since I wasn't stranded, so apparently they're not desperate for work which is reassuring.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
A BMW owner with a sense of humor once told me what BMW really stands for. Break My Wallet.

Bring Money With you.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
They called. It's the alternator. $850. Ouch.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
That is $450 too much.

Unless it is a water-cooled alternator nestled between the banks of a V8 engine. Which, I'm guessing, it is. The use of engine coolant to control the temperature of the alternator had to be one of the most curious engineering discussions ever over there in Bavaria.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5068 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Curious: What year and model? How many miles? (Hard NOVA stop and go or highway?)

At least find some peace in knowing if you went to BMW of Sterling it would have been ~50-100% higher.

Posts: 504 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
2003 330 coupe normally aspirated straight six.

They suggested I have them to do the rear brakes for $659. I declined.

The car has 104K on it and sits most of the year in my NY house driveway, which isn't great. I'm thinking that selling it and just renting when I'm in the area may be a wise idea.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
2003 330 coupe normally aspirated straight six.

They suggested I have them to do the rear brakes for $659. I declined.

The car has 104K on it and sits most of the year in my NY house driveway, which isn't great. I'm thinking that selling it and just renting when I'm in the area may be a wise idea.

What color? It's not a rag-top is it?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post