SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Compression undershirt for CCW?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compression undershirt for CCW? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm 6 feet tall, and the UA compression shirts stay tucked in all day, even when I'm heavily active.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Are the UA brand shirts long enough for taller people to tuck them in without worry of them untucking?

Varies a little bit by style in my experience (UA Heatgear vs Coldgear) but I've been wearing compression shirt / shorts every work day (and most days off) for at least 15 years and I've never had an issue. I'm 6'2". Casual, business casual, business formal, all day.

Funny thing, about the only time I go for the loose fit shirts is when I'm actually working out.

Posts: 2457 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

Thanks again for all the feedback. Appreciate it. I stopped by my local sporting goods store and picked up a couple (white and gray) UA HeatGear Sleeveless tops to try out. I got size XL. I'm wearing one right now under a tshirt. Definitely makes the tshirt feel different. They're exactly what I was looking for. Form-fitting and slick yet I don't feel like a compressed sausage. And it makes a difference in comfort carrying IWB. The length is great I don't see them riding up at all throughout the day. If these work out well I'll pick up several more at the UA Outlet if/when they go on sale. The outlet price is currently the same as I can find anywhere else online or in-store.

Chris

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming the OP is new to moisture wicking clothing. One of the most important things is to never wash it with fabric softener as its residues clog the wicking which eventually leads to odors. I've found that 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vinegar in lieu of fabric softener works great.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I'm assuming the OP is new to moisture wicking clothing.

Thanks for the tip, tatortodd. Yes, I am new to moisture wicking clothing. We never use fabric softeners in the washing machine. We do use Bounce dryer sheets, though. But I don't intend to put these in the dryer anyway so I think I'll be good.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Why compression?

Man-girdle.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Man-girdle.

No need for a man girdle. But I'm liking the slick/no bulk feeling when compared to typical undershirts.

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I wear standard wife beaters under my outer shirts. I'm not a 'brand' guy but Ralph Lauren makes some nice, well made ones. I snag them on Macy's when they go on sale. Perfect for in between my skin and gun/holster. They're not compression but hold in the dad bod sufficiently. More like man spanx. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post