SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dinner with Protection, celebrating my wife's birthday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dinner with Protection, celebrating my wife's birthday Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
For tonight's meal, Bistecca alla Florintine, with roasted fingerling potatoes and charred baby bok choi. Protection by Sig.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Wish her a very happy birthday, mine is in July, I'll remind you when it comes around.

Posts: 1987 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's extremely uncivilized to not have your buttstock folded while at the table.

I'm surprised you don't know that.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Looks tasty. What did your wife have? Big Grin

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I have never had bok choi like that, or at all as far as I know. What does it taste like? I am always looking for nutrious side vegetables and I always here about bok choi on cooking shows.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Looks good. I have never had bok choi like that, or at all as far as I know. What does it taste like? I am always looking for nutrious side vegetables and I always here about bok choi on cooking shows.

ITs really common in Asian cuisine, not bitter. If you’ve tasted an Asian dish that seemed to have cabbage in it, it is likely bok Choi. This is the first time I’ve made it myself, I was looking for some “Treviso” another green I’ve never cooked, but wasn’t available at the store. Substituted baby bok Choi, worked great. Even my 6yo said it was “ok”. She demolished the steak however!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

ITs really common in Asian cuisine, not bitter. If you’ve tasted an Asian dish that seemed to have cabbage in it, it is likely bok Choi. This is the first time I’ve made it myself, I was looking for some “Treviso” another green I’ve never cooked, but wasn’t available at the store. Substituted baby bok Choi, worked great. Even my 6yo said it was “ok”. She demolished the steak however!

Cool, I will give it a try. I am trying to branch out. I have now been adding leeks to my salads instead of onions as they have a lot more nutrients and I like them. I had never had a leek in my life until now.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize that Spyderco made a steak knife.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a meal that good-looking, yours seems somewhat under-protected! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Bistecca alla Florintine?

Oh, you mean steak and taters with some green stuff!! Wink Razz

Looks delish!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post