SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to remove really stubborn water scale from glass
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to remove really stubborn water scale from glass Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck using auto glass polish and a dual action buffer with microfiber pads. You can get different levels of grit in the polish. Use the least abrasive that'll give you the results you're looking for. Once the deposits are gone, treat with some type of glass coating so they are easier to remove next time. We've also started to squeegee after using the shower.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
If you are using s chemical be aware that it’ll eat a porcelain tub. I know this because I did it years ago. Left some wink working on tile , it ran into the tub creating little drainage systems it was just awesome I tell you.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5165 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
muriatic acid. Wears gloves, face shield and safety glasses and throwaway clothes. Plenty of fresh air. Try diluting 50% water for working solutions.

DO NOT use this. Muriatic acid eats the hell out of the drain pipes.

Nor- magic erasor it is made of pumice and will scratch glass. Nor steel wool, nor sos pads.

Whink is an acid that is mild enough to work with, with bare hands. But stronger than vinegar. it's cheap and WORKS and won't harm anything else. We get etching out of glass on $2500-15,000 windows with it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Frosted spray paint.....my master bath shower has the original glass....tried several things ....no workie

So no we have have frosted glass....worked pretty damn well

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSlaug
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend the liquid version of Bar Keepers Friend.

Posts: 135 | Location: Flower Mound, TX | Registered: July 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of half of this shit. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
CLR will work you to death.

Lime Away.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Don’t just use white vinegar. Add baking soda. It will foam up but it works.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19713 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried just about everything. Bar Keepers Friend did the best job for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. ~Brian O’ Driscoll

Posts: 1453 | Location: Back to the Island in MS | Registered: May 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I favor Old Tug's Miracle Mash

Betcha never heard of that one, huh?

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
A paste of baking soda + vinegar

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post