SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Three burglars shot dead and another burglar wounded in Channelview , TX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three burglars shot dead and another burglar wounded in Channelview , TX Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:

CHANNELVIEW, Texas (KTRK) -- Deputies are responding to a shooting where three people are dead and another is injured after an attempted burglary in Channelview.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office responded to a burglary at a home located in the 1800 block of Amie Michele Lane around 10 a.m.

Deputies say four men attempted to burglarize a home and three of them were shot to death and another was injured.

The fourth burglary suspect was transported to the hospital in an unknown condition.

Burglar number four is looking at three felony murder charges, too.

Additional News links

https://www.click2houston.com/...rglars-sheriff-says/

https://www.khou.com/mobile/ar...f9-9963-266c57b5990a

https://www.fox26houston.com/n...empted-home-invasion

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... Looks like the shotgun is still a viable home defense option.
Good shootin, thar, Tex!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16378 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
a burglary at a home located in the 1800 block of Amie Michele Lane around 10 a.m.

Scums thought everybody was at work. SURPRISE!

Btw, sounds like KTRK does some very shoddy reporting. The "fourth suspect" that was wounded is the homeowner. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good ending.

You should be able to protect your property the same as if it were your life. Often times the two are intertwined and worrying whether you are covered by reaching a threshold is a dangerous constraint to put on someone. If dirtbags thought they might get killed for merely breaking into a house to steal, there’d be a lot less stealing going on.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15789 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
AWESOME!!! For Texas, this will be a "happy ending", non-event story and everyone will just go about their day as if everything were normal. And it is!! This is EXACTLY how this crap should play out. Bad life choices result in bad consequences.

Hasta la vista, dirtbags!!! Enjoy hell...I hear it's a dry heat.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm.... Looks like the shotgun is still a viable home defense option.

Was this ever in question? You have 5-9 “bursts” on tap. To think 12 gauge is obsolete for self defense is folly.

None of this is to say a good carbine isn’t very capable and more well rounded in its own right.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No trial.
No hearings.
No parole...

Just a mop.

Posts: 9403 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Too bad about the resident that was seriously injured.
The other three have officially turned their lives around.

Posts: 9795 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
love a story with a happy ending - especially on a Monday

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's refreshing to hear the top cop describe the who, what, and how in plain terms ie the race, age and how they became deceased. As opposed to being concerned about who might get their feelings hurt because their little Juan was a burglar.

Posts: 3644 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Consider that hundreds of future crimes were prevented right there. Keeping my 870 close at hand

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i hope the resident makes a full recovery

also -- not sure in this case -- but sometimes there is 'more to the story' ie drug sales, etc

either way -- sounds like some bad guys got the correct dose of justice

-------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m always interested in the terminology used to describe crimes like this one.

To me “burglar” gives the impression of someone who breaks into a house stealthily when it’s believed to be unoccupied with the intent of stealing property like a TV. But at least three men, one at least armed with a gun, forcing their way into a house where there’s always “a lot of foot traffic” in mid-morning—? The police can’t speculate in public as I can, but I’d bet a nickel it was an attempted armed robbery, not to mention attempted murder, at a drug house.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three suspects implies a degree of force you don't normally use when stealth is paramount. I'd think its a higher value target that a group force might seem useful.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

To me “burglar” gives the impression of someone who breaks into a house stealthily when it’s believed to be unoccupied with the intent of stealing property like a TV. But at least three men, one at least armed with a gun, forcing their way into a house where there’s always “a lot of foot traffic” in mid-morning—? The police can’t speculate in public as I can, but I’d bet a nickel it was an attempted armed robbery, not to mention attempted murder, at a drug house.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Depends on the state and how the law is written. In WA, “burglary” is entering a property to commit another crime. If you enter, than steal, you end up with both burglary and larceny or theft charges. If you use force to steal, that ups it from larceny or theft to robbery.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11214 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i hope the resident makes a full recovery

also -- not sure in this case -- but sometimes there is 'more to the story' ie drug sales, etc

either way -- sounds like some bad guys got the correct dose of justice

-------------------

My feeling is that this story is a little bit different than other "typical" home invasion stories. Happens in broad daylight at 10am. Looks like a mobile home community. The two primary residents are literally teenagers, and the perps are just a few years older. Plus the perp's vehicle is registered at a home in the neighborhood. Did the 19 yo residents have stuff of real value worth a multi person break-in?

Other than this, a remarkable display of protecting one's self and eliminating the threat.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
a burglary at a home located in the 1800 block of Amie Michele Lane around 10 a.m.

Scums thought everybody was at work. SURPRISE!

Btw, sounds like KTRK does some very shoddy reporting. The "fourth suspect" that was wounded is the homeowner. Roll Eyes

I hope he survives and makes a rapid recovery!!!!

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
At least they died what they loved doing.

Posts: 5342 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Next, we will hear mama say that they were just trying to steal some work boots. Wink

Posts: 11887 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Each and every one of them had "just turned their lives around..."

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post