SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super-Lube grease
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super-Lube grease Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
No, not yet another candidate for lubricating firearms. This dielectric grease has all sorts of uses, but what I use it for is lubrication of threads and o-rings on all my flashlights and WMLs. The heads and tailcaps of these lights rotate more smoothly with this grease applied and I think there's less of a chance of tearing an o-ring. If you live in a part of the country where the humidity gets very low, grease will keep the o-ring from drying out.

I bought a three ounce tube and I guess it will last forever because it doesn't take much at all to apply a thin layer. It spreads quite well and stays on a long time and it doesn't oxidize. I couldn't be more pleased with how this stuff performs.

Super-Lube

The three ounce tube is stock number 21030 . According to their Compatibility Chart, this grease is compatible with all plastics and almost all rubber.

This stuff is food-grade as well, so you could use it on knives and multitools if there's a possibility that you might slice food with one.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some in the garage and it is really handy for a lot of applications.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use it. Great for a tool box where you want to carry some grease, but are trying to avoid making a mess. I am on my sixth tube so far.

I use it for o-rings, fuel filter gaskets, some electrical fittings.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of it as well.

I also like the oil.

Great for around the house and not too shabby as a gun lubricant (both the oil and grease).

I purchased big tubes and bottles of the grease and oil. Gave some of it to my nephew (who is a SWAT Sniper for a large city in Ohio) and he has used it on his work rifles for a couple of years now. He swears by it. Says the action on his bolt rifles have never been smoother.

Once I run out of the SLIP2000 products I have, I will probably transition over to it as well for all of my firearms. Heck of a lot cheaper...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Also good for the ends of batteries in anything, especially outdoors. My game cameras, for example. Spark plug hoods, as well.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Slip2000's EWG grease is thinner than Super-Lube but I imagine Super-Lube would be a decent substitute. I have a 1.5 ounce jar of EWG and just like my tube of Super-Lube, it looks to last forever for me.

I can see Super-Lube working really well on, say, a Mini-14- on the bolt lugs and in the roller cutout in the op-rod and in the op-rod raceway on the receiver. Slide Glide is good stuff for this purpose but it's an organic grease, and over time, when exposed to air, it oxidizes and turns from a transluscent red to a shit brown color. To me, the change in color gives the impression that the grease is not as effective as it was when it was first applied. Super-Lube doesn't oxidize. Maybe oxidation doesn't compromise the properties of the grease, but, I wonder.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a tub of it for years that I use to lube the rails of my aluminum framed pistols.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a tube of this stuff for a number of years now. It seems to work as advertised, and have no complaints with it. A little dab will do ya.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
Big fan of this lube.
I keep it in a syringe for easy placement.
Great stuff.

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have to give this a try. Thanks

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation! Food grade will work for my plumbing applications also, like the syringe also!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I use silicone faucet grease to lube o-rings. Its consistency is rather like 60 °F Vaseline, but it’s perfectly clear.

Back when I had incandescent lights I’d put a little of it on the screw thread to prevent the light from seizing in the socket.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
If anyone buys the 400# barrel, I’m in for a 3 oz tube.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I have had a small tube I carry with me at camp. When a gun needs help it seems to be great fix. That little tube could last a long time. I can't imagine anyone using that 55 gal drum.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Works well and is the go to product on our boat forum to lube up a manual pump toilet on a boat. Keeps the pooper pumping smoothly!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
It's worked well on everything I've used it on. Slides, hinges, etc. No complaints. My one tube looks like it will last the rest of my life.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have been using it for several years, ever since Robert Burke included a free tube along with a gun he returned to me. Since it is NLGI #2, it is ideal for gun slide contact surfaces. For all the reasons stated, I like that it remains clear and consistent over time. I still use a Lubriplate grease (whitish) around the trigger components.

I've never tried Super-Lube for O-rings because I already had been using another product made specifically for O-ring installations, Sylglide. But I suspect the Super-Lube would work just as well.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
Super Lube is also sold by John Deere as grease #TY25744. Ten bucks a tube at your local JD dealer.

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 910 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I think they have different grades/weights of it. I know we have some machines which require it - beats the heck out of fighting w. the old food grade lithium stuff.

Posts: 5739 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I have to double check but I think this is what a bought for my pcp rifles as normal lube would ignite from the pressures

First In Last Out

Posts: 4790 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post