SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scandalous!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scandalous! Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
quote:
Scandalous - the hit Fox News Channel docu-series - chronicles the dramatic events surrounding the Clinton scandals of the 1990s.

Sunday at 8pm ET on a brand-new episode, you'll relive the frantic 10 days leading up to President Bill Clinton's deposition in the Paula Jones case.

The so-called "elves" working secretly on the Jones lawsuit tipped off Independent Counsel Ken Starr that Linda Tripp had recorded conversations with a co-worker, who claimed she was being asked to lie about an affair with the president.

With the story set to break publicly, Starr’s team was in a race against time to get Monica Lewinsky to talk before the president’s deposition, where they knew he would be caught in a lie.

On January 17, 1998, President Clinton went into the deposition unaware that anyone knew of his affair, and was confident that he could evade any questions about it.

Watch the preview clips above and check out part of Episode 3 below.

Tune in Sunday on Fox News Channel at 7pm ET for an encore presentation of last week's episode and the brand-new episode at 8pm ET.
Link

I’ve been watching this series, and really enjoying watching these uncommonly good liars squirm.

Does that make me a bad person?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
An entertaining look back and particularly interesting because no one else has bothered to put the pieces together in a nice package. Just saying that reminds me how much the old media would prefer to believe it never happened.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Watched tonight.
I hope it's just the tip of the iceberg. Somehow I doubt they'll be prosecuted. Biggest crime family this country ever.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24183 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched it yet, but it's on Amazon Prime and now on my watchlist.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen this, I will have to look it up and give it a watch.

Found out about a year ago that we are friends with the wife of Sol Wisenberg. She is a dressage rider and we've been Facebook friends for some time (wife and daughter know her). He is apparently a frequent guest on a lot of the cable news shows talking about the independent counsel (I don't do cable news). She will usually post on Facebook when he is going to be on.

I had no idea that he is the one who questioned Clinton about Lewinsky until 3 or 4 months ago Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQJj4ts7Ig

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I wonder what would have happened if he had simply said "Yeah, I did her. It's one of the perks of being the Big Dog. Next question."

I think some folks would have been pissed, but it would have gone away.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I wonder what would have happened if he had simply said "Yeah, I did her. It's one of the perks of being the Big Dog. Next question."

I think some folks would have been pissed, but it would have gone away.

One of Dick Morris’s realizations was that most would forgive adultery but not perjury.

That advice was too late, and Clinton was used to getting away with it anyway. Never admit anything.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post