SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why lift truck body but not the differential?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why lift truck body but not the differential? Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I’ve thought about lifting my truck just so I can put bigger tires on it, but every time I consider lifting, I have to just say no. I settled for tires that are wider but the same height as the stock tires. Messing with the suspension and steering just sounds like a bad idea, but hey, if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and you don’t need ammo...

Diesel Brothers are lifting nerds. If I won one of their giveaway trucks, I’d sell it immediately and put the money in my portfolio or get some work done on the house.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the original question;
+1 to what darthfuster said. Rock crawlers line of approach is generally driving over the obstacle. Lift allows for tire and body clearance. The challenge is to lift high enough to allow Full suspension flex but minimize the inherent compromised in CoG.

Mudders on the other hand want the body high and out of the 'stiction' zone. W/o portals you have to push the axles through mud that's shallower. Portals also allow for additional gear options.

Others do just want to look cool, which if done correctly is safe. The biggest impact on he street is the negative influence of stoppping power. Half tons and 40" tires.....ugh

Posts: 516 | Location: In the desert | Registered: September 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after nine years of four wheeling and offroading in C.A. and A.Z. , its your brain that will keep you happy in the out back.

we have seen many many two wheel drive trucks and vw bugs in places you would never expect to see.

Technique is way more important than many lift scenarios .

but if you are just going for that monster truck look , thats ok to

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post