SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Long do you keep a box?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Long do you keep a box? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Only Rifle/Shotgun and handgun boxes. Most other boxes get cut up and tossed into recycling.

I need to downsize and move myself down from a 3-car garage to a one car Condo footprint in the next 12-24 months which seems impossible as I look at it now. My plan is just to start with the garage, get rid of any storage boxes of crap, sell stuff and simplify life. I'm not keeping boxes..

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bossman:
Until the warranty is up, then out they go.

This.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sliced up into pieces and into the trash they go, immediately.

The exception is if I think it has a high probability of being returned. If saving the box means the store can resell it is new or like new, I’ll save the box.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Twelve years so far.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2249 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Wife: Till they turn to dust.

Me: gone as soon as I know we won't be returning an item.

2 exceptions: 1) I'll keep the current box our laptops came in since we've had to mail them out for repair before, and 2) big boxes get cut up to use on the garage floor or driveway when I work underneath my cars.

Posts: 732 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post