SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco being San Francisco - Reporters camera equipment stolen while reporting on smash and grab robberies.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco being San Francisco - Reporters camera equipment stolen while reporting on smash and grab robberies. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
There is one positive, I didn't hear needles or feces mentioned once.

'Inside Edition' crew gets robbed while reporting on San Francisco Bay Area crime

Link to original video: How Inside Edition Helped Catch These ‘Smash and …: https://youtu.be/cqYQTjDfDxg

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20835 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Start cutting hands off and that chit would stop. They are on assistance anyway.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
31,000 reported auto burgs in beautiful SF last year. Many thousands more unreported because the victims know it’s a waste of time. Arrests made in approximately 2% of reported cases. Such a shithole. Literally.

Posts: 312 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Saw that tonight on Tucker Carlson. Zounds!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
They were talking about it on Tucker Carlson tonight -

It started as a “Sting” bait car and the items taken were GPS tagged to track down and confront the hood rats.

Funny part is while they were inside interviewing the dinndo nuthins, the camera equip van outside was prowled and those folks took off with thousands of dollars worth of gear.

Tucker spoke with candidate for SF DA about the crime. Basically he blamed it on out of town criminals “who know they won’t be prosecuted” and tourists “who won’t stay to assist in prosecution”.

Oh, and the reporters are bad too because they did a very dangerous thing by chasing down and confronting the thugs. Evidently they should be good victims and call the police to let them do their job. In the next sentence though, he explained that the police can’t do much about it as it happens too often (over 100 a day) and they have a no-pursuit policy in SF.

I guess us folks who follow the law are just screwed no matter what.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10947 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If thieves thought they might get badly injured or killed stealing, there be a lot less of it going on. Just sayin’.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the reporter didn't get her ass shot or stabbed.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
dumb question: What kind of tool was used to bust the glass so easily?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
There were approx. 40,000 car break-ins last year in SF, 99% of them "unsolved". Various parts of CA has a similar problem. "Why", you ask?

Prop 47 was passed by voters a few years back that de-criminalized various felony crimes, car break-ins included. This measure was marketed under the guise of "too many people of color in prisons for victimless drug crimes", but of course the voters that approved it did not read the not-so-fine-print Roll Eyes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
dumb question: What kind of tool was used to bust the glass so easily?

It's a spring operated window punch. They are supposed to be safety items to get in or out of a car. There is a combo tool that has a seatbelt cutter w/ it too.

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Did they use a bait car and then apologize to them?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post