SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost another friend today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost another friend today. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
That makes four in the last year. One murdered, one suicide, one blood infection, one liver failure. All under 45, all I've known for 20+ years. Take the time to pick up the phone and call the people you care about, you never know if it will be your last conversation.

RIP Justin.

-----

I don't need any condolences, but if you can say a prayer for his family.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Skins.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn Jesse. Sorry to hear this.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Way too young to be losing friends like that. I’m sorry.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
A gal I dated in highschool died from a brain bleed Saturday.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences

I lost a colleague to a plane crash here in Tucson on Sunday

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Skins. I was just talking with a friend the other day. The older we get people dying around you. Sorry for the loss of your friends.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loos, Skins.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
my condolences

I lost a colleague to a plane crash here in Tucson on Sunday

My dad lost a close friend last month in a plane crash.
NTSB prelim report reads like pilot error. Both PIC & copilot were CFII, copilot was a 40 year commercial pilot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Skins.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry for all the losses.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is way to many, way to young. Sorry to hear that. Prayers for their families.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your losses. That's rough.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. That’s way too many passing in such a short time. Far too young.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Per your request, Prayers for his family

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sorry for all your losses… Prayers sent.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences, and prayers for the family (and you).

One of my cousins just a couple of years younger than I called me the other day, just to chat. It was nice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you.

This is sort of similar to a year I had about 7 years ago. Had an aha moment. Don’t put off things you want to do for when you retire !
None of us know how long we have.

After that sort of year, wife and I decided to move to free America from New York and take some big leaps of faith.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my condolences.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, those folks were much too young. I'm getting up in years and have lost many friends recently but it's no less sad.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post