SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Goodbye to Romney the Rino
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to Romney the Rino Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Best news I have heard all year. We really dodged a bullet when he he lost the presidential race.

He could have done worse damage than Obama.

Posts: 12735 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I wonder why he’s not seeking re-election. It goes against the grain of politicians.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Adios you backstabbing d-bag.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5914 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I wonder why he’s not seeking re-election. It goes against the grain of politicians.

I speculated above that his campaign fund raising wasn’t going well. An easy out to say, “Frankly, it’s time for a new generation of leaders.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Maybe Utah voters were disgusted with Romney and his campaign fund raising wasn’t going well.

Anecdotally, when I heard the news, I voice text a group of like minded guys I go shooting with. It was a simple “Romney’s not running for reelection” a client of mine overheard the dictation and said that it was a shame. I politely conversed with her about him nd learned right away that she knew nothing about him and what he’s been doing. She only knew the name and had allegiance to that. I described a few things he’s done and said about Trump and she turned on Romney faster than I expected. Utah people who know what is happening are resolute Romney’s not getting their vote. Only the ignorant and Lefty dems like him here

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29726 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This bastard voted to impeach President Trump and then makes this statement about Biden Mad

Posts: 12735 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, and he sees that with each indictment, Donald Trump becomes more popular. Given his opposition to Trump, Romney sees the handwriting on the wall. Running again would be a disaster for him.

He's trying to avoid humiliation, but the truth is that that ship has sailed. He's already humiliated himself with his transparent bullshit.

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
This is great news, I sincerely hope that Utah elects a great conservative to reclaim this seat!

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:

He’s not running because he has zero chance of being the R candidate. In Utah, you can fool many in the general election, but you must be a conservative to make it on the ballot as the Republican nominee. Somehow, he got some kind of goodwill pass six years ago. Maybe because he saved the 2002 Olympics, or perhaps because he was a presidential nominee. IDK why. He’s not running now because he stands zero chance of being the Republican nominee, and he would stand even less chance of winning the general election as an independent or democrat. In short, he knows there is no path to victory. He shit in his potluck, so his dish isn’t welcome at the social anymore.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
GOOD BYE.
and yes, may the door hit you in the ass.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Best news I've heard all day! I would never wish anything bad to happen to anyone, but if something bad has to happen to someone, I nominate Mitt Romney.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1695 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I want my 2012 vote back.

Actually, of the bad choices at that time, he was the least bad.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Great news. Now if only pelosi, and schumer would go suck eggs....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Best news I have heard all year. We really dodged a bullet when he he lost the presidential race.

You may be right, but please elucidate. It would be interesting to think about.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

You may be right, but please elucidate. It would be interesting to think about.

Why waste time on "what if's"? Just rejoice that the slimeball is exiting the stage.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Romney has a summer “cottage” at Lake Winnipesaukee in NH where one of my sisters lived. She is a conservative and was proud that Romney vacationed there until I politely told her what a RINO he actually was and then she was disgusted.

She now lives in the free state of TX!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'll never forget how he screwed up the debates with obama. No balls to go on the attack.

Or was it all planned that way?

It didn't matter if he or king stampy feet won - same result.

Posts: 7481 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

He’s not running because he has zero chance of being the R candidate. In Utah, you can fool many in the general election, but you must be a conservative to make it on the ballot as the Republican nominee. Somehow, he got some kind of goodwill pass six years ago. Maybe because he saved the 2002 Olympics, or perhaps because he was a presidential nominee. IDK why. He’s not running now because he stands zero chance of being the Republican nominee, and he would stand even less chance of winning the general election as an independent or democrat. In short, he knows there is no path to victory. He shit in his potluck, so his dish isn’t welcome at the social anymore.

Plausible. But the election to replace the RNC chairperson went to his close relative easily. I understand that's more nationwide rather than statewide.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

He’s not running because he has zero chance of being the R candidate. In Utah, you can fool many in the general election, but you must be a conservative to make it on the ballot as the Republican nominee. Somehow, he got some kind of goodwill pass six years ago. Maybe because he saved the 2002 Olympics, or perhaps because he was a presidential nominee.

Three reasons imho:
1) He's Mormon and that got him a big boost. Affinity votes just like any other group.
2) A lot of Mormon's really really dislike President Trump. Idk why exactly since I'm not Mormon, but there was/is something inside that population very much against Trump to the point they would have voted for anybody but Trump. Romney has been anti-Trump, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
3) He did a really excellent job turning the Olympics from failure to big success.

This time around he has no chance of winning.

Posts: 9482 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Carpetbagger Mittens will move to CA, change party affiliation to the Democrats, and run for Feinstein's seat. Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post