SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guacamole Recipes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guacamole Recipes Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
From someone who ought to know:

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Tomatoes in guac is like beans in chili.

Technically not necessary, but least objectionable if you need filler.

I add tomatoes as a filler when I eat guac with chips. Otherwise you fill up on avocado before you get your fill of chips.

I have used cucumber as filler as well, an ingredient derived from ceviche recipes.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
From someone who ought to know:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VUz3wG0Wzws?controls=0" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Saw this and tried it the other day. It’s very good and easy to prep. Avocado flavor comes thru brilliantly. Saw immediately what I’d been doing wrong: adding garlic and too much lime juice.
And a good tip for using a white onion, diced and rinsed.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post