SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PJ Watson: Eating bugs, another idiotic idea from leftists
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PJ Watson: Eating bugs, another idiotic idea from leftists Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Quotes from PJ Big Grin

"No...Fuck You, I'm not eating bugs"
"This is why the terrorists hate us"

Food distribution will be the next "global" issue the commies will go after, along with water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=5&v=TjsPpRZVrzQ

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
My oldest son is now working on completing his PHD thesis at LSU. It is on crickets as an alternative protein source. His course work is in food science.
His research is not on whether we should or should not use crickets, but rather on the reactions of people in the US to using such a protein source. Among other things they prepare standard recipes for many common food products and have both trained and untrained test subjects give their reactions. They give them products to try then let them know afterwards of the cricket ingredient then measure reactions.
I won't go into it any further, but all the major food producers in the USA see this as a viable food source in the very near future.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It isn’t viable as a food source for anyone I know.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Bugs are what you eat when there's nothing else to eat.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Chocolate covered crickets aren’t bad.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Bugs are what you eat when there's nothing else to eat.

Wrong, solvent green is people

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Chocolate covered crickets aren’t bad.

I’ve heard as much, and the same for ants; those are basically confections though. The amount of insects that would be needed to actually sustain a person (pound for pound) would be ridiculously large. For example, about 1000 crickets are in a pound- live weight. A pound of cricket protein powder contains about 4500 crickets and costs twice as much as cheaper protein alternatives.

I see insects as designer food; I cannot imagine how large an operation would be necessary to sustain a population of significant size.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Eating bugs isn't kosher.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
My cat loves eating crickets but She always leaves the legs.

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Lobsters are bug bugs that live in the ocean.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
This is just another example of how all of these dooms-day predictions are nothing more than a money grab. Sometimes by an individual as in this case (The book PJW is talking about). And sometimes by whole organizations.

People who eat up this trope have no idea how these scenarios have been around since the 60s.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Let them eat arthropods!

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I already do. Doesn't everyone boil crawfish or is it just me Smile Not to mention, shrimp, crabs, etc...

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think all lefties should be made to eat bugs. I see no problem with it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post