SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is “Duck Duck Go” search engine working?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is “Duck Duck Go” search engine working? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
It dang sure seems to be broken for me. I get the following reply to any new search
“ There was an error displaying the search results”.

Posts: 27021 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Apparently so as I was going to ask the same. Not been able to get a search return since 5:45 this morning.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25512 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Bing isn’t working for me, either:

“ Bing isn't available right now, but everything should be back to normal very soon.“
Confused

Posts: 27021 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7137 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I switched my default search engine to the Brave Search and it is working fine at the moment.

Posts: 3414 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It occurs to me that it would be a lot easier to set up a "search engine" to pass a query to Google and display the results under ones own imprint than it is to crawl the web and maintain a huge text database of content.

I am sure that Google has invested in a way to detect this behavior and block it, or monetize it, but...

Posts: 6570 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sc...thousands-users.html

A major outage struck Bing.com, Microsoft's search engine, early Thursday with the problem apparently spreading to the brand's application programming interface which means that services such as DuckDuckGo also went down.

According to reports the outage also impacts ChatGPT and Ecosia. Despite Google's dominance in the world of web searching, Bing's API has numerous high profile clients.

DuckDuckGo issued a brief statement on X. Users were greeted with an error page featuring a panda on Bing.com with the message: 'It's not you, it's us.'

Posts: 5039 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Startpage.com is working, if you need it.

Posts: 15950 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post